Bike Geometry

kaar3l

I'm thinking of buying a Mielec frame. Custom Geo. http://www.observedtrials.net/vb/showthread.php?t=20048

I was riding with echo pure, then changed to kot ms 2, and now my kot broke, so i have been riding with my old pure few few days. And i don't like it at all, is better on rear wheel than kot, but touch, gaps, rideups are harder. Only thing thats better is sidehop :P.

I have been thinking of kot geo, but the head angle of kot is weird, but it didn't make the riding bad.

What geometry do you suggest.

Edited by kaar3l

yes he deff would :)

iolo.

yes iolo frames are beautiful, ive been lucky enough to ride on and it was perfect( geo was my ideal geo as well) quality is really nice and Iolo can customise your frame so you have something truely original. Plus Iolo ( pronouced yolo) is also experienced in understanding geometry so basically you tell him the type of bike you want and he will sugest geometry for you

Roughly near eprfect geo for me is:

1075 wheelbase

71.5 head angle

385mm chainstays

+30mm b/b rise

i know the kot has +30mm b/b, n 1070 wheelbase, back end on a kot is 385 too, so maybe you prefer the rear end of 380???? so adjust the kot to the geo you like :) maybe you like the head angle of the echo? what ever that maybe. mix and match

Waynio.......................

I'm thinking of buying a Mielec frame. Custom Geo. http://www.observedtrials.net/vb/showthread.php?t=20048

I was riding with echo pure, then changed to kot ms 2, and now my kot broke, so i have been riding with my old pure few few days. And i don't like it at all, is better on rear wheel than kot, but touch, gaps, rideups are harder. Only thing thats better is sidehop :P.

I have been thinking of kot geo, but the head angle of kot is weird, but it didn't make the riding bad.

What geometry do you suggest.

Thats amusing . . . thats exactly the opposite to what i found...

KOT = sidehops and on the rear wheel

Pure = everything else

haha

as for geometry - if you loved the kot - then just recreate it in steel.

I would say that for me at the moment my echo pure is perfect for me - 10 60 - although its probably actually 1070 (1cm - meh) 73 head (could be wrong there) 385 stays - and probably bb drop of a few mm - ha with echo urbans on the front.

EDIT : just read that last bit - next on the vague news .. . . .