Bmx To Be

Robwalker

Right so i felt like a bit of bmx'in, asked around the local estate and someone had one gotin cheap, wasnt in top notch condition but was going cheap. It a Harro F2 i think not sure, but anyway i had it for a week or so and the bearings went, then i couldnt get the non-drive side crank arm off, and after a week of trying i finally decided just to cut through the axle and be done with the whole crankset. So i was left with the rest of the bike. It was odly colourd so i thought i might aswel rebuild it in a colour scheme i like. (wish i'd got some before pics now) but anyway so far ive resprayed the frame to black and started to spray all the components gold. Im just going to keep adding pics to the thread till its completed.

Comments Please

One

Two

Rob

EDIT: Pics done :P

Edited by Robwalker

yah that looks good, gold will be better once it weatherd i expect, i wouldn't of done the seatpost though, little bit too much imo.

i love bmx too much, it's like puberty all over again, but with bikes.

little bit too much imo.

i love bmx too much, it's like puberty all over again, but with bikes.

I was thinking that actully, might spray it black again not sure :S Depends if i can get hold of any more paint, Ran out of black and i wanted to do me spokes >_< so now i cant build up me wheel cuz they ent sprayed! (N)

Rob

Looks dead good! Yeah, I'd seriously recommend a sealed BB. You can get brand new sets of unbranded 3pc cranks with BB for about £50.

Anyone know where i can get this from, and also im having trouble with the bottom bracket, is it USA or Euro, i think there the two options, (sorry im new to bmx :P )

looks really nice matey (Y) was it easy to spray? did u just spray over what was there? or did u strip everthing down etc... :rolleyes:

I started to sand it down but got really tyred and it was to much fuss so i just decided to spray over everything, wish i had used primer though didnt come out as well as i would have liked but you live and learn :P And i had loads of gold spray left, think i may have gone a bit over the top :lol:

Three

EDIT - Picture

Edited by Robwalker

Anyone know where i can get this from, and also im having trouble with the bottom bracket, is it USA or Euro, i think there the two options, (sorry im new to bmx :P )

that one looks like a USA - the euro is the same size as the one on your trials bike, the USA is a shed load bigger - like you could nearly get your arm through it

there's a spanish bb too - i think its a bit bigger than the euro and doesn't have threads but i might be mixed up.

Think it may be USA then, but it doesnt have threads in, it was just running strait onto the frame :S Ill get pics and edit, see what you can make of it. Thanks for the help

Rob

EDIT: Four

Sorry about quality, other cams batterys died :angry:

Edited by Robwalker

Nope <_< Wilkinsons being gay woth stocking the right spray paints, i only need to so the spokes and rear rim and rear hub and then get some cranks and she'll be all done :D But at the moment im waiting on Wilkinsons, got a day off tomorow so will most probalt take a wonder down there and see if they have any instock.

Rob