Iolobikes.com Frame 3 - Mikesingleton

Phatmike

Just like to point out that yes the frame has cracked at the driveside chainstay yolk.

This was the 1st time Aran had done this type of yolk, and as with most early ideas it didn't work to well, so obviously he is going to fix it free of charge at his expence. Can't ask much more than that. (Y)

Bloody right too :P

But seriously Aran , everyone who has bought one of your frames has said nothing bad about 'em , even mike's has snapped, and he's still happy , So they must be good people (Y)

thanks for replys people.

and ye its cracked,

BUGGER ! and all that,

im sorry , and its a big shame, but it will look just as dam nice after its tended too.

mike really didnt wanna buy a new wider BB,

so i said i would use this type of yoke so that the clearance would be fine.

but now we know that a tubular chainstay all the way is needed as other frames and mikes non drive chainstay.

and i will just HAVE to fit it in.

this is a dissapointment, but i dont really get dissapointed (Y)

so its learning B)

also its nice to have feedback off this forum for once, without a general slagging off, :) thanks guys

there has been a few comments about the welds, first people thinking they should look like TIG, and then people saying they just look a bit bloby.fair doos... this has been taken into account, and things should be changing.

thanks again for comments

iolo.

i think brazing should look uber clean and smooth, dont worry though, your brazes were on par with curtis ones, they seem to be popular enough :) itll come in time

also, thats probably the best response you could have given, at least you have explained the situation and the reason behind it, its pretty tough keeping a good image on tf, as soon as the kids hear something has broken, they label it shit-hopefully they have enough intelligence to understand!

good luck :)

good jopb too you iolo at the end off the day your learning how too improve the quality of your frames which i think is important incidentaly this will increase the quality in future frames!

i would still be confident riding one of your frame!!

good luck mate :)

its pretty tough keeping a good image on tf, as soon as the kids hear something has broken, they label it shit-hopefully they have enough intelligence to understand!

good luck :)

thanks, its posts like that, and duckos that i REALLY appretiate !!

x

x

x

Oh wow...

The custom stuff sometimes can be tricky. The same we've got here. Fortunately I have managed to dessuade a few clients from their unusual ideas. There are so many things I would like to introduce in the modern frames but the mechanics and materials don't let me do it.

My respect IOLO

haha, how did u get it to stand up on its own??

my bikes arent that well trained!

-Andrew

Read the thread... :-

Also Aran, it's a shame it cracked just a learning opportunity really. But mine feels lush and stiff as, nice job.