Noises

hey i was just wondering if anyone else is like me and are realy self-consious of noises their bikes make eg creaking and crackling noises etc it realy puts me off my riding sometimes to know that there could be a problem with my bike as i love it to bits. I find a mp3 player helps but i just wondered if any of you share the same problem so i dont feel like im the only one

i dont mind the craking noise because i know what the creaking is, its either my v12 or my bb should sort it out when i get time

what i dont like is when my brake is silent i prefer a noisey brake as i no then its on and i know the wheel is locked

my mate use to have this problem with sqeaking disc brakes, his was speaking because he accidently sprayed some sort of laquer/polish on the disc (dont ask), so your disc is probably dirty. my friend got it sorted out by buying some car brake cleaner, just sprayed it on and watch the black dirt and crap just "melt" away (Y)

John K aka J-KAY

my mate use to have this problem with sqeaking disc brakes, his was speaking because he accidently sprayed some sort of laquer/polish on the disc (dont ask), so your disc is probably dirty. my friend got it sorted out by buying some car brake cleaner, just sprayed it on and watch the black dirt and crap just "melt" away (Y)

John K aka J-KAY

Or for the cheaper way, take the rotor off, stick it in dishwasher!!

Doubt it will warp, me mates brake wern't reat good so he took of the rotor and just cooked on a gas hob and then fried his pads, this has made his brake lock up violently but thats it, cant really slow down we it, u just go flying ove the bars. its funny to watch.

any way back on topic

I like everything to be quite on my bike, the hub, the brake everything and it pisses me off when theres noise coming from it. I also feel more confident if everythings nice and quite.

as long as the pads arent resin ie for shimano deore then lightly sand the surface of the pads and sit in boiling water for a few minutes. clean the rotors with isopropyle alchohol and sand surface. if this doesnt work then your pads are shot as are too badly contaminated ie oil so check around pistons. you can clean the rotors with laundry detergent but they squeal really bad for a short bit till you burn off the film.

hey i was just wondering if anyone else is like me and are realy self-consious of noises their bikes make eg creaking and crackling noises etc it realy puts me off my riding sometimes to know that there could be a problem with my bike as i love it to bits. I find a mp3 player helps but i just wondered if any of you share the same problem so i dont feel like im the only one

trials is a scary thing but the answer to everything is if you want to do a drop gap then all that is going through your mind is "i will do this and it is massive but i will do it " get on your bike and do it. if you get to a drop gap and think "oh shit this looks rather big and what if my chain snaps or my brake slips of my hub slips then that is the point when you will NOT do it trials is about pushing yourself and thinking about youur chain snapping will not help you 1 bit

josh...........................