Base Ta26 Bash Plate

threesixty

did a search for this but was unsuccessful in finding any results. probably not using it right..

the question is though. this bad boy frame comes standard with a bash plate as you all know but do you actually use it? i personally do. I quite like the fact of using a bash plate on a stock bike. seems different somehow, but does feel like i'm cheating sometimes.

lets discuss...

Most people dont use them, it makes the frame heavier

and it really isnt a good idea to learn to use it as most other stock

frames dont have it. And its not really a particularly good idea to

go to bashguard/ plate atall with everyone being uci these days...

I used to use mine quiet alot and i know exactly what you mean about feeling like your cheating, but then its there so why not use it. Also i found it kept the frame in a nice condition as it gripped on the bash plate rather than slide onto the downtube. About the uci riding it really wouldnt bother me, i mean if your riding a base i take it your not really botherd about riding uci style and are looking for a more of a streety style.

So yes i did use it and found it very useful.

Rob

I didn't bother with mine, i put it on the other day for a laugh but to be honest it made my bike look so aweful and cheap that i decided to take it right back off again.

Don't bother with it, plus they're superly weak anyway.... i snapped one of them by undoing the bolt :S

Don't bother with it, plus they're superly weak anyway.... i snapped one of them by undoing the bolt :S

funny you should say that, just been out for a quick blitz on my bike a second ago, hit a wall trying a hop and have just snapped one of the bolts. quite annoying!! need to get myself a new bash guard as the one i have doesn't fit my cranks (N)

also i have found when you do get it wrong it demolishes the wall quite alot more than just a bash guard, this does absoloultly no favours for the trial riders - authorities relationship....

Edited by threesixty

i used to use my bashguard alot like every wall, then i met manx rider he is getting me out of using it because it wrecks your frame if you dont land on it properly plus it makes a horrid noise when you land hard its not a good thing to rely on either because when it gets taken away what are you gonna do and i know its hard to stop using it when you start but you just have to try and make the effort not to and you'l be greatful in the long run hope this teaches you something and its the advice you've been looking for.

my answer to the question is dont use it and take it off.