Crowds!

BIG L

When i am riding i notice if i stay in one spot for a while i get crowds of people gathering round taking photos and stuff. I just wanted to know if anyone gets and do they like it?

I quite like it because it makes me look good because they are all like :o thats amazing and sometimes it pushes me to do something big!

Replys much appreciated Cheers BIG L (Y)

Edited by BIG L

Your from stoke-on-trent.... Not harlem . :P

you'd be suprised how bad it is around here sometimes.

Ive been stabbed with a screwdriver before now :ermm:

i used to get 'crowds' of mini chavs asking how much my bike cost, where i got it from, and if they can have a go.

rolleyes.gif

Yea we get that, then they ask, "where do you keep your bike mate?" "is your house/shed locked at night" "where do you live" :lol::lol:

Edited by Barber

i used to get 'crowds' of mini chavs asking how much my bike cost, where i got it from, and if they can have a go.

:rolleyes:

how much your bike cost? - too much

how long have you been riding? - not long enough

how good are you? - f**king stupid question, but good enough.

i get the occasional crowed, normally old people :( having ago at me, although i feel quite good about myself when someone goes out of my way to say how cool it is, and that theyve seen it on t.v etc and get into a friendly conversation about it.

tom tom

where i live, u either get crowds that say how amazing trials is take photo's and all that, an yea i like it have a chat it's all good! But then there the other folk, usually the oder generation, and they moan that u are damaging sea walls..... with tyres..... that are made of rubber..... :huh: , and moan at u and say how rediculous it is... i kinda like that too though, it's amusing. :P

you'd be suprised how bad it is around here sometimes.

Ive been stabbed with a screwdriver before now :ermm:

Yea we get that, then they ask, "where do you keep your bike mate?" "is your house/shed locked at night" "where do you live" :lol::lol:

you being serious? Don't know about everyone else but I want to hear how it happened. Sorry if im being nosey x

where i live, u either get crowds that say how amazing trials is take photo's and all that, an yea i like it have a chat it's all good! But then there the other folk, usually the oder generation, and they moan that u are damaging sea walls..... with tyres..... that are made of rubber..... :huh: , and moan at u and say how rediculous it is... i kinda like that too though, it's amusing. :P

That is the worst thing ever all the time we get old people phoning the cops on us saying we have damaged public property! The worst one was an old man told us off and rang the cops for using an old abandoned wall behing a closed down car shop :angry:

you being serious? Don't know about everyone else but I want to hear how it happened. Sorry if im being nosey x

well (luckily it wasn't for my bike) but a while ago i was walking across my local park minding my own business, when i get abuse hurled at me, i gave it this lad back, he didn't like it, he threw a punch at me and i moved out the way, i nailed him, he ran off, then i get his sister and his sisters boyfriend walking up to me very hastely. He'd told them that i had threatened him with this screwdriver and tried to stab him. His sisters boyfriend tried to stab me on the shoulder, between the neck and shoulder bit, you know what i mean (i think thats what he was aiming for) but i tried to move and he hit me on the body. It REALLY hurt. I was lucky it didn't hit a lung.

There you go nosey boy :P i'll show you the scar if i ever ride with you, tis only a small scar

Edited by Barber

We never really get crowds, we get small groups of mini chavs on shite bmxs asking us to do "stunts" or "tricks" or old people moaning about how they pay council tax on rocks :huh:

I think most people are confused as to why you're tying to wrestle a bike with no seat over a wall.

I get a couple of people watching. As soon as I miss something though they walk off all snooty and it really pisses me off. I don't like people watching me when im practicing but if im at like a skatepark and theres only a limited amount of things I can do (and do all the time) im not arsed.

There was one time I was doing some gaps between 4 bottle banks and I was on the first one ready to go, and this woman in a car pulls up below me and shouts

"You're not really thinking of doing that are you?"

"Most likely why?"

"Because you wont believe how many cases I see of stupid young people blah blah blah (she was a nurse basically)

"Oh right, well if im not confident about doing something I wont do it"

"I dont care you're gonna hurt yourself" <- wtf I just said before if i don't want to do it....

Anyway mid discussion an old man walks in

"Whats the idea? Jump from that one to the other 3?"

"Yeah"

"Get on with it then"

So i did :)

We never really get crowds, we get small groups of mini chavs on shite bmxs asking us to do "stunts" or "tricks" or old people moaning about how they pay council tax on rocks :huh:

I think most people are confused as to why you're tying to wrestle a bike with no seat over a wall.

Yes, old people always go on about council taxes and think they own the place what ever it is; walls, rocks, grass, some old people moaned for riding on paths in a park as we were 'causing a hazzard for pedestrians'

Generally it was rare to get positive crowd's of people where I lived, the only time we did was when myself and the Worcester crew did a demo for a local bike shop, but even then their was still plenty of people moaning.

Dan.

If I'm riding street in th evening then usually some tipsy person will watch and seem quite impressed (not that I'm very good (N) ). I usually chat to them a little and they seem ok, not threaterning just a bit drunk.

Some middle aged lady called us a bunch of w**kers so we told her there was no need to swear.

But usually no one seems to mind, often parents walking with kids stop and seem quite impressed. :D

That is the worst thing ever all the time we get old people phoning the cops on us saying we have damaged public property! The worst one was an old man told us off and rang the cops for using an old abandoned wall behing a closed down car shop :angry:

lol thats well unlucky, i prob wouldn't be laughing if the cops got involved though :ermm:

I sometimes get people watching. When I landed on my face, there were these 2 gay old people that rang the ambulance for me. They were amazed that I hadn't got knocked out or anything.

That was about the most attension I have had from someone watching.

i rode manchester about 3 weeks ago and a few chavs started askin the usuall questions are u gonna get up that wall or what :blink:lol

and there were a few older people (sorry to offend but about 25-45)

lol which were all watchin and taking pictures :D was a cool ride loved it!! got to go again soon (Y)

"You're not really thinking of doing that are you?"

"Most likely why?"

"Because you wont believe how many cases I see of stupid young people blah blah blah (she was a nurse basically)

"Oh right, well if im not confident about doing something I wont do it"

"I dont care you're gonna hurt yourself" <- wtf I just said before if i don't want to do it....

Anyway mid discussion an old man walks in

"Whats the idea? Jump from that one to the other 3?"

"Yeah"

"Get on with it then"

So i did :)

HAHA thats awesome! I got some old slag telling me off for riding a kiddy park (we have nothing else to do so i was like rar, what else do i have to do here?(tiny village)). and other times i've had odd looks etc never realy been complimented though :( oh well...