Some Trials-forum Trivia

tomturd

The stats have come to a nice level, and were about to have our 5000th genuine member.

Following are pretty accurate daily averages:

Unique Visitors: 10,000

Page Views: 100,000

Hits: 7,000,000

Bandwidth (gb): 2.5

Well there you have it, thought some of you may find it interesting :) Really need to work out a TF birthday :P

TF birthday. Thats a hard one. I struggle thinking back a month let alone 5 odd years. Or more even. Amazing stats mind you, its nice to know.

BTW tom i should buy some tickets when I get payed. (Depending on how much this mot costs me)

Edited by Trials Punk

TF birthday. Thats a hard one. I struggle thinking back a month let alone 5 odd years. Or more even. Amazing stats mind you, its nice to know.

BTW tom i should buy some tickets when I get payed. (Depending on how much this mot costs me)

Cool, no problem :) Good luck with the MOT, the fiesta cost £160 in the end. £160 worth of rust.

:S What exactly does all that mean.

I get some of it.

What mark said.. 'hits' means the total number of images, pages, scripts, you name it, downloaded from the server. Bandwidth is the total amount of data downloaded from the server in a day.

The stats have come to a nice level, and were about to have our 5000th genuine member.

Following are pretty accurate daily averages:

Unique Visitors: 10,000

Page Views: 100,000

Hits: 7,000,000

Bandwidth (gb): 2.5

Well there you have it, thought some of you may find it interesting :) Really need to work out a TF birthday :P

So on average, every registered user downloads ~500kb from trials forum, every single day of the year? That sounds pretty high!

I'm not disputing it, I'm just remarking that each page is about a ~20kb php file with ~30kb of tf hosted images linked in, so EVERY day, EVERY user loads 10 pages! :o

That's an active user base!

So on average, every registered user downloads ~500kb from trials forum, every single day of the year? That sounds pretty high!

I'm not disputing it, I'm just remarking that each page is about a ~20kb php file with ~30kb of tf hosted images linked in, so EVERY day, EVERY user loads 10 pages! :o

Precisely. 10,000 unique visits, 100,000 page views = 10 page views per visit. Thats the easier way of working it out :P

However you look at it, trials forum has become an institution and Danny and Tom deserve a massive round of applause for all the hard work over the last five years.

Congratulations guys, you've built something amazing.

Rich

Exactly.

Nice one lads, We'd be lost on the net without T-F!

We'd have to resort to OTN! Like we do when T-F crashes... :P

But yeah, cheeeeerrrrsssss :cheers:

I would think an average user that visits tf regularly visits a lot more than 10 pages a day, obiously there is only a few hundred active members. Think about it, in replying to this topic ive used 3 pages, first to read what you have said, another to type my reply, more bandwith sending the reply then another page when i get sent back to the topic. Then no doubt when I see another reply in this thread I'll go back in and possibly reply again. For quite a few people who spend ages on here each day i would think several hundred pages are visited each.

Edit; Didnt see Tom's reply, looks like Im wrong...

Edited by adamtrials