Davey's Echo Control

Davey

Had this a few months now but it was in need of some upgrading. So new back wheel courtesy of Tall Rob and to sort out my chain tention I slapped my old middleburn ring back on with a bigger sprocket. I was at the point before where I couldn't make the chain shorter but it was too long, so it was 16-12 but it's now 20-15, which happens to be the exact same ratio but better tension!

BEFORE

IPB Image

AFTER

IPB Image

IPB Image

The tension, it is lovely, no more skipping chain on that poxy little 12t sprocket... but don't buy a DMR tensioner, the linear spring just bends under too much strain, pants!

IPB Image

Let me know what y'all think!

Davey

Edited by Small_Gear_Big_Style

I'd say with those Raceline HS33s front and rear, original Fatty forks, IRC tyres and an undrilled front rim like that, your bike's still pretty 'old school' even if it's heart isn't any more :P

I was going to say the same thing bar the Super Pro Trials and Frame obviously..

Thanks for all the nice comments guys, I guess my oldschool influence does show after all, I am glad (always wanted El Gato's, never had the cash, was well chuffed to see they still made them)!!!

Valid point about the front tyre though, any suggestions as to what I could chuck on there without spoiling the look of the bike? Is there an IRC XC tyre with red walls?..... should I stop being so lazy and just go look for myself?...... ok I will!!

It rides like a dream, I mean I've only ever owned 2 proper trials bikes so it's hard to compare. But say I'm going to plant the back wheel onto a wall from a standstill, and I'll be sure that I haven't given it enough and I'm gonna come up short and make a horrible mess of the bashguard (I know that's what it's there for but it's pretty so I prefer not to use it) well the bike just seems to find the top of the wall of it's own accord and I'm left wondering how the hell I pulled it off......... it's that good!

Davey

irc mythos xc, or panracer, or it look nice to have a michelin hot s with black sidewals and red on the rest of the tire (Y)

i`m going to buy a 2002/2001 magura hs-33 raceline to substitute my 2005 :D how do your brakes run? :D

irc mythos xc, or panracer, or it look nice to have a michelin hot s with black sidewals and red on the rest of the tire (Y)

i`m going to buy a 2002/2001 magura hs-33 raceline to substitute my 2005 :D how do your brakes run? :D

Well I've had mine 5 years or so now, they've never leaked or bust accept the TPA's don't work but I don't use them anyway. They still feel as good as they did when I bought them, work beautifully with NO GRIND and NO TAR just kool stop pads and good clean rims!

And I still say Raceline's are the best looking brakes money can buy B)

Davey

• 1 month later...