Xtp To T1000

Toni-J

I cracked my XTP frame and would like to put in its place a MBK T1000 frame.

I would like to know if the BB and Headset can be taken off the XTP frame and used for the T1000.

The XTP BB shell width is 68mm and the T1000 is 73mm, can this still work?

I don’t know what type of headset the XTP has apart from it’s whatever came standard, and from Tarty Bikes the headset for the T1000 reads “steel internal 'hidden' Cane Creek headset” I don’t know what internal and hidden mean but it sounds unique and possibly incompatible.

I don’t know much I’m sorry, but it would mean a lot if someone can clear things up for me.

Thank you

73 + 68 - no worky....

XTP's are external headset, if the MBK is internal you need a new one of them too...

...and not being funny, but this is all obviously coming from tarty, so why dont you just ring them?? they know all! (Y)

The XTP BB shell width is 68mm and the T1000 is 73mm, can this still work?

Check your actual bottom bracket, I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually a 73mm with spacers to fit a 68mm shell. If this is the case the all you'll have to do is chuck the spacers away and it'll fit just fine.

You can run a 68mm BB in a 73mm shell, just means your left hand cup screws further in. Seen it done, and done it myself for abit.

(Y)

same here, its no big deal at all! as long as the axle is long enough :)

you can also run a 73bb in a 68 shell no trouble either,it just doesnt screw in the whole way, i ran my px like that for a year

Phone tarty up, they are extremley helpful and customer service is top notch. Always try to order from there if they sell what I need, even if its abit more. but everyone is saying you cant put a 73 into a 68, well you can, you just need to use spacers. I cant remember the name of the company that does this as they sell one bb for 73 and 68mm and they provide a spacer for a 68mm bb so it clamps propely. I think is truvativ.