20" Frame Gu Vs Km1

mods

I am deciding on either the gu typhoon and dan ko's km1, the major differences are that the gu has long chainstays 362mm as opposed to the km1's 358mm. The bb rise on the gu is also 10mm higher, what differences do these have ? some advice would be helpfull as i have not ridden either.

( i know that only a handfull of people have ridden the km1 but your opinions on the topic wouls still be appreciated)

thanks shay

I have rode both,

The GU being what i own, i love it i thought there wasnt a mod that could touch it or match it until....

I rode danko's bike it felt so light and responsive i think it may have been because he was running non disk and viz rims,

Either way im still happy with my GU but i would buy a Ko too (Y) your choice...

Edited by Jeza

Taken from Trials-Uk

The only thing stopping me getting one instead of a GU is the longer? stays.

The final frame specifications:

1010 or 1030 Wheelbase

50MM BB rise

385MM chain stay

71Degree Head Angle

Finishes - Matt black paint, High Polish, Brushed.

GU:

Wheelbase: Short 1000mm, Long 1030mm

Chainstay Length: 362mm

BB Rise: 60mm

Head Angle: 72 degrees

Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube: Short 595mm (23.5"), Long 615mm (24.25")

:S:S:S:S

Mat

I have rode both,

The GU being what i own, i love it i thought there wasnt a mod that could touch it or match it until....

I rode danko's bike it felt so light and responsive i think it may have been because he was running a disk and viz rims,

Either way im still happy with my GU but i would buy a Ko too (Y) your choice...

Same as really rode jeza's and dan's, dan's bike it felt so light and responsive compared to the gu!

Ko-bike KM1, dan kos frame coming out for sale in 2 weeks. I rode his black one today and the guy i ride with in woking has one aswell so i ride that a lot. I prefer the ko-bike to my GU, there isnt any particular MAJOR differences between the two but the ko-bike feels more ''easy'' if you know what i mean, like with my GU i have to try to make it cooperate or whatever, but with the ko-bike it just does what you want it to.

Its gonna be my next frame.

ALSO: the kobike has 358 cs not 385 im guessing its a spelling mistake.

Ko-bike KM1, dan kos frame coming out for sale in 2 weeks. I rode his black one today and the guy i ride with in woking has one aswell so i ride that a lot. I prefer the ko-bike to my GU, there isnt any particular MAJOR differences between the two but the ko-bike feels more ''easy'' if you know what i mean, like with my GU i have to try to make it cooperate or whatever, but with the ko-bike it just does what you want it to.

Its gonna be my next frame.

ALSO: the kobike has 358 cs not 385 im guessing its a spelling mistake.

Correct, sorry for the misunderstanding, the chainstay length's are 358mm.

(Y)

Thank god for that, I didn't really get how people would ever find a 385mm stayed bike "flicky" and "light", judging from how turd the 375mm Pythons feel :P The thing to bear in mind with such a small difference in stays as well is that in reality, when they're both done to the same chain tension, the actual chainstay length is going to be pretty much identical anyway, just down to the length of chain links and so on, so I wouldn't let a "minimum stay length" put you off or whatever.

Most mods can feel flicky as f**k if you get a higher stem. I can 360 hop my mod pretty easily, and it manuals strangely well too. Just spend a bit of time tweaking bar position and stuff like that, plus just refining your technique a bit more (Y)

i'm swayed towards the km 1 at the moment, i wouldn't have thought there was a tremendous difference between the frames, prob just differences in set ups. the km 1 is a bit more individual as well, i don't think they will be as common as the Gu.

I think mark is right about the stays as well there would be an unnoticable (sp) difference there again.

i think dan is using a viz stem and riser bars ? i will be using and echo stem and flat bars, prob a bit lower ?

EDIT: looks like the gusset on the production model of the km1 will be very similar to the one on the Gu, i know some people didn't like the promo guesset with those holes

Edited by mods