V Racing

Savage

Had my first ride on a V racing fiited with a 108.9 freewheel yesterday, very pleased with it. The build is Koxx + Try All with the exception of the bars, which are Viz max, the rims are white with red tapes and blue spoke nipples.

Spent the day setting it up at Shipley Glen. Sorry for picture quality, it was a bit dull.

V Racing

Ben.

The look is due to photograph, its the same as Vincents. As Joe said by comparison with zoo bars the VIZ bars are near enough the same, but only near enough to quite different. The width is 750mm with less of an up turned feel than the zoo's, the shape suits me.

Ben.

Hi :)

Looks very cool (Y)

I would like to know how you find the new freewheel? Can you notice the extra engagements over, say, a King?

Thanks,

Gareth

Hi Gareth,

I have had short rides on bikes with a King, but I have never owned one. Kings feel good, but I will always use a F-F-W, for competition maintenance reasons. I do notice the extra engagements compared to other

F-F-W's. The 108.9 feels very possitive in its action, I'm pleased with it.

Ben.

Hey Waynio - you got in between posts, I left £20 under a rock for riding in your garden..............

Edited by Savage

Very nice indeed, im also loving my new 108.9.

With regard to the shifter mounted on the seat-tube, do rules not state that you must have working gears, and the rider can only touch the handle bars with their hand's and no other part of the bike, or are shifter's an exception to this rule?

I remember seeing it in MBUK a few year's ago but was reading rules the other week and got a bit confused.....

Hi Gareth,

I have had short rides on bikes with a King, but I have never owned one. Kings feel good, but I will always use a F-F-W, for competition maintenance reasons. I do notice the extra engagements compared to other

F-F-W's. The 108.9 feels very possitive in its action, I'm pleased with it.

Ben.

Cool, thanks for the reply. I have never tried a bike with a FFW, but I am eager to try this new 108 engagement one.

Gareth

Very nice indeed, im also loving my new 108.9.

With regard to the shifter mounted on the seat-tube, do rules not state that you must have working gears, and the rider can only touch the handle bars with their hand's and no other part of the bike, or are shifter's an exception to this rule?

I remember seeing it in MBUK a few year's ago but was reading rules the other week and got a bit confused.....

You may have to have six 'working' gears, but that doesn't mean you have to change them in a section. So while your not in a section, you can touch anything you like ;) .

Bike looks sweet, Ben. (Y) I'm sure you've had it longer than the 10th July, though.

Cheers,

Joe.

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ Jul 12 2006, 09:18 PM)

You may have to have six 'working' gears, but that doesn't mean you have to change them in a section. So while your not in a section, you can touch anything you like ;) .

Bike looks sweet, Ben. (Y) I'm sure you've had it longer than the 10th July, though.

Cheers,

Joe.

Joe,

With my set up I could change it in a section if I wanted. Your right, I've had it longer than the 10th.

Factory sent it to me on the 6th, built it up on the 7th, trained at Shipley on the 8th (on old bike), called into Tykes on the 9th to show off Monsterboys and freewheels, (fitted on my Bike), back to Shipley to run it in. Pleased I did that rather than ride the Trial as it took a while to get used to the pick up on the new freewheel.

Sticking with it in favour of the eno.

Ben.

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ Jul 12 2006, 09:18 PM)

Cheers,

Joe.

In which case why have a shifter at all?

Wouldn't a spoke in place of the cable work to align the chain meaning that the full range of gears would be useable, but just that one cannot change gear's in a section. For gears to be considered working, does one not have to be able to change them without dismounting the bike???

Seat post mounted shifters are common. You can touch other parts of your bike if your feet are up.

Sorry, by 'feet up' do you mean on the pedals? So it's only when one is dabbing that they can't grab the top tube or whatever?

If so thanks for clearing that one up for me (Y)