Tyre Reviews Thread,

Maximus

well....guys

This tread is all about tires, even though i've not been on this forum long there are a lot a tire topics and questions on them so i thort i would be a good idea to start a tire review thread so all your tire questions and reports can go in here, i'm only a new member, so maybe onzaboymark could start one in the members only area?

Back to tires... this tread can benefit everyone, as tires are one of the most vital parts on your bike, so if your thinking of buying a new set of tires or sharing your experience of the tires that you have had, and instead starting a new topic with an indervidiual question, post it in here, as afterall this is a 'discution forum' and it is here to help other people on the forum.

before your go on.... you must first....

1) you can only rite a review if your have your tires for a while, as there is no point, as you can not tell a tire from one days use.

2) wether they are for 20" or 26"

3) how much the tires wear?

4) how grippy they are, your opinion?

5)your style and what surface you use them on,,, street/natural/ both?

6) price? what u get for your value.

finally your overall opinion of the tires what you like the most what, you did not, would you recommend them, and are they good,, yes/no?

the format...................

1=tires?

2=time used?

3=20" or 26"?

4=how grippy out of ten, 1/10 =bad 10/10 =good?

5=your style and surface used?

6=price/wear?

7=your opinion of a good tire?

8=your overall review of the tire?

cheers max.. (Y) and keep it simple, just like doing a break pad review.

1= Michelin comp 24 2.2

2= 3 over the course of 4 years

3= twentysixinch

4= 8/10

5= Bad Boy street UCI fusion. street.

6= £24.99 from CRC. Will last about 8 months.

7= Good grip that will last a fair amount of time, punctures very rarely.

8= Never had a puncture with this tyre. Toss up between this tyre and the Maxxis range, grip is less than the 42a compound but lasts longer. I prefere the Michelins tougher casing provinding a less bouncy feel. Personal preference.

1= Tioga Downhill 2.1f/2.3r & Fat 66.

2=Had 4 pairs over the last 6 years.

3= 26 inch.

4=7/10 for the down hill's and 9/10 for the fat66.

5= Smooth street/concrete.

6= Usually around £25-£35 mark. The wear on the Downhill tyre is good but not to soft which means it lasts longer(usually 7-8 months), whereas the Fat66 is softer compound giving more grip while sacrificing longer life.

7=A nice wide spaced tread pattern, soft compound and thick dual carcass. Usually steel beaded as well.

8= I've ridden with Maxxis, Kenda, Irc, Continental and Panaracer tyres and Tioga's come out on top every time.

The even, wide spread tread and the strength of these tyres is superb. Never had any punctures with these but this could be due to the fact i run Maxxis inner tubes.

The only other tyre that rivals this in my mind is the Maxxis Swamp Thing.

Edited by bob87

1= Maxxis Creepy Crawlers front and rear.

2= 3 months

3= 20" mod.

4= 7/10

5= street mostly, concrete

6= £15 front, £17 rear.

7= A nice soft, wide trials specific tire, that offers complete confidence and a dampt feel, and

that is morolees punture resistant.

8= I've ridden other 20" tires that have been slapped on to mods, but no tire has come

close to the complete package the maxxis offers with this tire, the grip is amazing and

it lasts, it looks like maxxis have done well for the price of the product, this is a good tire for street, i've pedal kicked off and on a sheet of ice and they have only slipped a bit! but they do become hard in the cold, and the side walls do wear, as they are of a soft compound too. but this is a good tire go for them!

1=Maxxis CC rear

2=1 year

3=20"

4=9/10 on natural, 7/10 urban

5=urban :( concrete/bricks

6=17

7=bouncy, wide, light,

8=very good grip on natural, with a powerful brake gives endless possibilities of hooking and getting up onto steep rocks. Fairly light. Not a winner on urban though.

1=Monty 2.7

2=2 months

3=20"

4=?/10 on natural, 10/10 urban

5=urban :( concrete/bricks

6=~20

7=bouncy, wide, light,

8=a very very bouncy tire indeed, no rimmage what so ever. Boosts sidehops and grips incredibly well on walls etc. Can't judge how it behaves on natural because I haven't had the chance to ride it yet.

Edited by Inur

1= Try all 2.5

2= 4month + (still using the same tyre)

3= 20"

4= 9/10

5= street

6= £30 from tartybikes

7= bouncy, good pinch resistance, wide, extremely grippy!

8= The best mod tyre for grip that i have used out of monty, maxxis and echo. I have had 3 pinches since i have started using the tyre, which is extremely good since i have had it for 4 months and still going. The wear rate is pritty good to say i'm riding street with it so I guess they would last even longer if you mainly rode natural. I gave it 9/10 for the fact they cost so much, but you defenetly get what you pay for, so if you have the money to keep buying these tyres it will be a 10/10 for you. (Y)

Ollie

1=try-all.

2=around six months

3=20"

4=10/10

5=natural

6=£30 cleanbikes

7=good grip and tire wear

8=great tire for natural just one set back when its winter and very muddy the tyre gets mud on it and the

mud sticks and then the tyre slips alot. but overall i'd buy some more for sure.

hope this helps you matt. (Y)

Edited by matt rushton