Zip Or T-mag?

Hey,

I have a 05 t-mag at the moment and its pretty heavy so I was wondering for £159 or £189 if it is worth buying a zona zip (frame) because I have heard they are very light and worth the money and slightly longer, not that it would make loads of difference but I am a lanky guy, Has anybody done this before or anything like this and can people please quote how good the frame is/isn't?

Thanks Will

The difference in frame weight these days is really nothing. It's much more important to get the right geo. The correct geo will make a frame feel loads lighter anyway.

I would have thought the zip would weigh more than the mag anyway, but the zip is a much nicer frame to ride.

Edited by JT!

I'm not sure if it is the frame that weights a ton or the fact i am weighing it to my mates zoo python lol but the standard onza forks look and actually do weight a ton so i think the best option first is probably buying some t-lite forks for £64.99

Thanks anyway Will

Please still give Advice :P

I'm not sure if it is the frame that weights a ton or the fact i am weighing it to my mates zoo python lol but the standard onza forks look and actually do weight a ton so i think the best option first is probably buying some t-lite forks for £64.99

Thanks anyway Will

Please still give Advice :P

please dont for the love of god.just spend and extra £10.00 on echo lite forks great forks.josh......

I changed from a monty hydra to a zona zip earlier this year, and i wish that i could of bought a zona instead of my monty in the first place thats how much i like it. They rely are a quality frame i would advise anyone to get one, and at £170 with next day deliverly you can't go wrong. (Y)

hope this helps you. Matt Rushton

if you've got the money go for the zona. its an amazing bike and if you're a lanky lad then it will feel mint for you and you'll be able to ride it like a beast................. ive had mine for a good couple of months and i still fall in love with it everytime i get on it in the morning.

The difference in frame weight these days is really nothing. It's much more important to get the right geo. The correct geo will make a frame feel loads lighter anyway.

I would have thought the zip would weigh more than the mag anyway, but the zip is a much nicer frame to ride.

you'd think wrong :o

ive had both these frames, and the difference is unbelieveable. I got fairly good on the t-mag, but once i got my zip i couldn't believe how easier everything was, this frame feels perfect for me. The only thing thats suffered is rear wheeling things, but i think i'm back to normal on that front. Since your a tall guy the wheelbase would be helpfull as well (1045mm). I'd definately make the change.

P.S Your point still stands though JT

The Zip, every time. It's just a nicer bike to ride in general. The back end's about the same length as the T-Mag (around 362-365mm), but the Zip has a slightly higher BB from what I can tell. The front end's a touch longer, but because of the slightly higher BB it feels roughly the same, but you get a lot better feel from it. It feels nicer to do moves to front wheel 'cos your weight's slightly more biased over the front end, it's nice to tap, nice to backwheel - pretty much everything's good on it. It even feels nice on the back wheel. It's just a great frame for a great price, pretty much. Really glad I got mine :)