Post A Picture Of Your Tv!

Olly C

Alrite people,

I've been looking around at buying a new TV for my room for the past 2 days to enter the HD era and thought I'd make a thread to see what TV's other people have, obviously alot are probably students and stuff but ahwell...

I've just ordered this beast:

[attachmentid=6259]

Where as at the moment I just have a standard 28" Pure Flat Widescreen one :sleeping:

Anyways post what you got peoples..

post-242-1154540089_thumb.jpg

IPB Image

Samsung 32" LCD HDTV, I bought it december last year for ÂŁ822 for the same reason as you, just so i could play my 360 the way it's supposed to be played.

Its been f**king immense, the picture quality is amazing. I don't even really use my 360 anymore but i'm still so glad i bought it. Whenever i'm sat watching it i just think about how nice it is and how lucky i am to own it (i used to dream of owning a 32" tv becasue my mum and dad have never had anything over 24").

Anyway Olly, if you haven't already, i FULLY recommend you buy the official VGA cable for xbox (if your tv has vga input of course). People say the difference isn't noticable between VGA and Component, but imo i really really is. The extra ÂŁ20 or whatever is well worth it, seeing as though you are spending over a grand on the tv.

I stress you get the official one, as my brother has an aftermarket vga cable and it's no where near as nice as mine.

Anyway, nice tv, you're lucky to get a sony, they are easily still the leaders for picture quality.

She's HD ready...

can I just for the record warn people not to enter 'black and white tv' into google images. why anyone would put a picture of a penis into that category? :angry:

Hahahaha, had to verify lmfao!!

Whats that got to do with a telly?

40" Sony Bravia V-Series HD LCD TV

Hehe, i beet tha lota yas!

How are you finding it?

Anyway Olly, if you haven't already, i FULLY recommend you buy the official VGA cable for xbox (if your tv has vga input of course). People say the difference isn't noticable between VGA and Component, but imo i really really is. The extra ÂŁ20 or whatever is well worth it, seeing as though you are spending over a grand on the tv.I stress you get the official one, as my brother has an aftermarket vga cable and it's no where near as nice as mine.

Anyway, nice tv, you're lucky to get a sony, they are easily still the leaders for picture quality.

Yea I'll see what the HD Cables I've got are like, but we've got the official VGA ones in my shop so I'll get it for ÂŁ15 or something, I dont use my 360 much these days but its still cool to have..

Do you know if the 360 outputs DVD's really well through the VGA or HD cables in comparrason to normal DVD players?

We have just got a Sony Bravia 50" HD TV, ill get a pic for you in a bit...

Its rear projection though, not LCD. The only downside is its a bit thicker...

Yea I've been playing Pro Evo 5 on my managers 50" Sony HD Rear Projection TV its pretty beasty but no way in hell would fit in my room its bigger than all of my 3 windows put together! lol

Get a picture up though I'd like to see it (Y)

Olly.

Do you know if the 360 outputs DVD's really well through the VGA or HD cables in comparrason to normal DVD players?

component cables are ok so you'll be happy enough, just my brother forced me into getting vga and i have to say i did notice the difference. shame there are NO decent games AT ALL to enjoy with it.

anyway, as for the dvds, i don't watch many really, so i can't coment as an expert or anything. I did watch kiss kiss, bang bang the other day and Sin city and they both looked amazing, espcially sin city, there was no weird pixilation or anything. I've never run a standard dvd player through it but i would expect it too look a bit messed up if you were sat really near.

Put it this way, running dvds through xbox using any form of hd cable will certainly be better than using a standard dvd player and a scart cable.

One thing i have noticed is that with a few dvds, they don't get scaled up to widescreen, they are shown in regular 4:3 with two massive black areas either side.

component cables are ok so you'll be happy enough, just my brother forced me into getting vga and i have to say i did notice the difference. shame there are NO decent games AT ALL to enjoy with it.

Go download the Saints Row demo off Live, its pretty fun, like a hi-rez GTA some sweet cars you can steel from other gang's too, look like Evo's and Type-R Civics :P