Monty Bikes

planet x alan

just reading in for sale/wanted and came across a monty ti and in there i realised that monty hubs are not as wide as profiles, i also heard that the stock montys come with 25" wheels and tyres :blink: isnt this a bit of a rip off? basically means you are very limited to the parts you can buy for them?

correct me if i'm wrong

alan :)

Same with Deng soon? maybe?

Mat

No, Deng's spacing is actually useful, whereas Monty's is just shit. Almost all regular mod hubs are 110mm wide (expect for when you're using snail cams in which case you bulk it up to 116mm), and Profile BMX hubs are 114mm, so you're effectively f**ked in a whole variety of ways. There really is nothing good about 25" wheels or 106mm spacing, apart from it lining Monty's pockets, which is good from their point of view...

No, Deng's spacing is actually useful, whereas Monty's is just shit. Almost all regular mod hubs are 110mm wide (expect for when you're using snail cams in which case you bulk it up to 116mm), and Profile BMX hubs are 114mm, so you're effectively f**ked in a whole variety of ways. There really is nothing good about 25" wheels or 106mm spacing, apart from it lining Monty's pockets, which is good from their point of view...

Agree with you very strongly there mark. (Y)

Dan.

Yeah, Monty really tries to rip people off, especially because they have the most economically priced bikes.

In the US, you can get a complete x-lite for $1000, damn good deal if you ask me.

thats the US, the majority of *us live in the UK...and its a different story here

EDIT *us being tf users not the majority of the world

Edited by pauloliver