Onza Citrus Pads

gazmaz03

Onza Citrus pads? :S Sorry to say, but i've never even heard of these pads, let alone bought any of them! Could someone please post a review on them, as they sound quite promising. And, also, what is the performance like in the wet?

* Heads over to the pad-review thread *

Cheers,

Joe.

They're a completely different compound to CRMs, and around the same hardness. Hardness doesn't dictate wear rate or performance though.

Fair enough, but it must do to some extent surley

Yeah, thats true on the overall scale of things.

70-75 Shore A hardness usually provides the best wear resistance on most compounds, yet that'd be far too squishy for brake pads - they'll feel awful at the lever, and pull out of the backings.

Pretty much all trials pads fall between 80-90 Shore A range.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble, back on topic now :-

They any good on a "grind" that I do then? Cause you know what mine are like!

probably not :P

Im gonna have another go at a grind, a more sharper one, but still light, tommorow, when its dry... then i can dictate further, because they seam to be kinda going crap on my current grind...

I was only hinting for a vid to come out :- .

Mat

I would.. tommorow... but i dont have the cam, matt does :P thats why i never bring vids out :P haha

Hmmm, i think i might have over estimated the goodness of these pads...

They have worn a little too much for my licking for only 1 days (well, like 1 hours riding) at the most... and the performace has shot down!

I have cleaned my rim, and gave a nice new light sharp grind, then going riding on sunday, to see what they like (Y)

Il post a reveiw on sunday (Y)

Next week will be full of riding for me, cause my Gf is away with her parents :P

P.S, im not going to move my wheel or regrind intill they have bedded into this grind, then i will see what they are like...

Edited by terror-error

Yeah, seriously, not grinding every 5 minutes will probably help you :P I usually find a bit of water on the rim then drag the brake works best for me. Mine wore pretty quickly at first too, but then levelled out, just like my CRMs did and my Koxx Bloxx did (Y)

Yeah, seriously, not grinding every 5 minutes will probably help you :P I usually find a bit of water on the rim then drag the brake works best for me. Mine wore pretty quickly at first too, but then levelled out, just like my CRMs did and my Koxx Bloxx did (Y)

hehe, yeah :rolleyes::rolleyes:

My CRM's lasted a whole of 2 weeks :o intill they were totally gone, and they were brand new, and for 3mm in first day, and tore apart in chunks.... lol think it was my grind, it was harsh... lol

My bloxx wear down real quick aswell for some reason :Slol

P.S, i tryed the water, it didnt work :Plol

Edited by terror-error