what Started You Off Riding?

padarik

Used to get MBuk back in the day, saw the trials in it and was like "wow, I want to try that!!"

Then I borrowed Tricks and stunts off my mate, rode trials for 3 years after that.

Quit now as I got bored and wasn't getting anywhere, but still, was good fun!

the First ever time i ve being in touch with a trials bike

was back at my school

the guy who owns trials-uk aka KO bikes owner :D (dan ko) who has released his new frame KM1 (Y)

i was about 12 or somthin

i knew about it then but was never really into it

because i was and still am a skater

but then i started going out with trials friends

and used thier bikes :P

then thought i m goin to get a trials bike

so i got a brand new monty 221pr D 06 :-

to begin with

and still have it (Y)(Y)

About to years ago, after christmas i saw some lads in my local town riding trials (all just got the latest saracen frames, and the hope mono for crimbo lol) started trying it on my mtb with a friend and i picked up some of the basics (trackstanding and shifting my wieght about) and after my local spot was closed down >_< i didnt have anything else to ride so got into trials (Y)

I probably have one of the most unique story as to how I got about to trials.

As kid I always liked riding xc mtb. One day, while fixing my brakes I put them way to tight for xc and started doing endoes, 90 degree endo with a 90 degree hop on my rear wheel. A few months after my first "trials" :P experienced, when ever I could I would little tricks like that using my brakes. Then one day I got my bike stolen, so the insurance company let my get a bike of the same componentry so I got a bike with a more streetish frame geo. At wish point my mates were also getting into biking but most of us didn't want to ride trails (not trials) anymore so we started doing gaps, jumps, drop and such. Of course I would have lots of fun on a dirt jump, but I could get the same feeling doing abubacas and basic street/trials moves. So one day I was doing a stair gap, from one flight of stairs to another, something like a 8' gap landing in stairs. But the landing stairs were not good and weren't straight so on landing, I spun out and crashed my collarbone on the rail right beside it. I was lucky enough not to break it and to wear a fullface helmet because I couldn't find my regular one that day. But since then I stopped mtb freeriding, got a set of 24" wheels, a trialsy frame and ride a sweet blend of trials and mtb street. Ooh yeah, without a front brake for some reason...

:P

Mate of mine put `Tricks and Stunts` on, one night while working a shift at work. Rememberd how much fun bikes were and bought myself a do everything type bike (well thats what the lady who sold me it said) - Kona Firemountain hahahahah`mmmm! (N)

Then watched `Revolution` and was blown away! Hopped around on my jump bikes for few years, then got lucky and found a T-rex going cheap!

I'm lovin it! (Y)

New house

Gazing out living room window

Some dude in his twenties rides past on what i thought was a bmx with silly handlebars

Stops at the end of the road and hops onto the curb, hops abut a bit more, then sidehops over a fence

"Holy shit" thinks me "Gotta try some of that"

So after breaking two mountain bike frames with hydraulic disc brakes, finally get myself a Tvee

And there you have it, im now an addict, with messed up fingers (see my post on trigger finger) cut up shins, and brain that cant look at ANYTHING without picturing hopping on, over or along it, (you should see how pissd my gf gets when she looks at me and KNOWS im mentally pedal kicking across and up her cleavage)....... ;)

I rembember dropping 2500.00 bucks on a specialized FSR Enduro XC bike. I rode the heck out of it logging huge amounts kilometers everyday. I would tell people how far I would ride and how fast ect. But they did not seem to care. Anyone who rode with me could not keep up and it sucked.

So then I see some guy on a Norco Torrent doing crazy maneuvers on his bike. Everbody who can see him stops and watches in awe including myself. I started trying all the stunts on my bike and destroy it. So now I bought a trials bike, and with the minor skills I have learned people stop and watch me trick out with my stupid little rear wheel hops and endos. Hahahahha..... ( Sigh...)

I think the real pleasure comes from setting a goal working hard and getting the feeling of personal achievement. The crowd is just the icing on the cake! They love the bails!

my mate had a gas gas trials bike and i used to go to trials with him and then we started going around the woods on are mountain bikes going over rocks and logs smashing the front cog then my mate found out that there was proper bikes for it and he got one(da bomb pro) so i copied him and got a base t20 and have moved on from there and now i've got an onza t-pro (Y)

One day about 2 years ago me and a freind got really bored during a summer holiday, we were about 13 at the time and used to ride around 'exploring the area'. But on this day we had run out of places to explore, so we stopped outside a church where I had seen some people hopping around on bikes before. The freind I was with has a brother who has riden most disaplins of bike. I suddenly thought about it and asked my freind if he knew how we could get started. We were soon pulling endos and trying to rock onto the back wheel.

I rode trials for a few months after that on a mod before getting bored. I sold my mod and didnt ride trials for ages. Around 2 months ago I brought a base ta26 and started riding again. I havnt looked back since.

Im lovin it

tom

Edited by tom132

well i brought a 00 t-mag off this lad on ma street

and i used to ride it to school i neva new it was a trials bike

then one day i saw squince on his echo team then he said would you like to ride one night

then i got good on my bike and then i meet joe b and mike and gaz m then i got my 221ti

and improved quite alot and i'm still going :D

thanks sam (Y)

Edited by trials 123

well i brought a 00 t-mag off this lad on ma street

and i used to ride it to school i neva new it was a trials bike

then one day i saw squince on his echo team then he said would you like to ride one night

then i got good on my bike and then i meet joe b and mike and gaz m then i got my 221ti

and inproved quite alot and i'm still going :D

thanks sam (Y)

Shame your English hasn't (N):P

wow its really interesting reading about all the stories about how people got started.

I can remember the actually moment when i got interested in push bikes. It was on a trip to the millenium dome in 2000 Lol. A mate brought in a copy of MBUK. I still have a issue of it some where. I loved the look of all the bikes. Back then I was really clueless. I thought you could do all the different stuff on the same bike. Trials, dirt jumping, DH, street XC etc.

A month later i got a DDG shooter trials spec. I had no idea what I was buying or what kind of riding I wanted to do. Any way a mate also got a bike with me. This is how I ended up doing DH and trails. I totally converted my bike into a DH /trail machine. Ah fun times. Then 3 years on I started getting bored of trails and DH so I got a Subway and made a little trials bike. I moved house lost my riding buddies and quit for good.

Now Just recently I wanted to get back into it after seeing some guys doing trials in derby town centre. I remember all the good times a had and all the road trips I went on. Cannock chase, Skegness, Bristol Crew to name a few.

I hope there will be more good times to come.

Interesting story padarik.Hello im darren.

I first got into trials when i see my mates aaron and chris out on these wired bikes.

Guess what my frist question was... why have'nt they got seats.

Then i see them jumping up and down walls and i was like savage let me have ago.

Then they invited me to go on a ride to folkstone.

Shortly after that i got a bike, actaully a couple of months later.

Thanks to them im now addicted to trials cause it all about the mad trian journeys the poeple and the laughts and of course the trials.