Www.joeoakley.co.uk

oakley

I was just expecting something ultra good and professional being sponsored 'n' everything, just looks rushed, or maybe it's just me?

Anyway, good job for acctually bringing one out, I like the photo's.

Mat

just because im sponsored, that means i have to have the best website with all the posh bits etc... you may think rushed, but it is my first ever attempt,. :closedeyes:

"designed by myself"

Can tell. Personally download a decent template and have a good go at it. Or even try and design your own instead of a Microsoft word bodge.

2/10

ofcourse you can tell, because it is. i dont kinow what all you people are expecting. i dont want to download a template. the whole point of me having my own website was to do it all myself. its not a bodge, its took me alot of time. and it was done on publisher.

just because im sponsored, that means i have to have the best website with all the posh bits etc... you may think rushed, but it is my first ever attempt,. :closedeyes:

ofcourse you can tell, because it is. i dont kinow what all you people are expecting. i dont want to download a template. the whole point of me having my own website was to do it all myself. its not a bodge, its took me alot of time. and it was done on publisher.

Meh. Do it properly or dont. Easy

Meh. Do it properly or dont. Easy

Show us your properly done, proffesional and ground breaking site?

Oh wait...

I wasn't expecting something horrific, but for Publisher, isn't that bad to be fair.

Yes, it's not some super amazing site, but for his needs, it probably does the job. I could tell you 100 things wrong with it, but i need only tell you one thing, Microsoft Publisher is not a web design utility. Hell, even Backwardspage is better then Publisher wank. Get a proper program, then spend some time on it.

Atleast you're starting in the right direction, and not green font on black background at 20px.

Good thing your name is Joe Oakley...

If you get it, you get it...if you don't, forget it. I think the ones with a little more logic will understand.

Anyways, scrap the For Sale thing, doesn't suit a personal website, unless your a gypsie.

Atleast you're starting in the right direction, and not green font on black background at 20px.

Exactly. For a first-time site I've seen much worse. It's quite clean, light, simple. Design isn't much -but it does the job!

Tell you what though, the code for that thing is a f**king monster. I trawled through it for like 10 minuites and I still have NO IDEA what 90% of it even does ... it's some of the most complex, urm.. html? (I can only pick out the odd line of code I even reconise) I've ever seen haha. The scarey bit is, it has NO errors according to w3c, now either thats some utterly amazing feat by microsoft, OR the code is just SO insane that w3c doesn't even reconise it as code (It's all commented with crazy IF brackets). Microsoft for the win!

If you want to lean about webdesign I can't praise this site highly enough; www.webdesignfromscratch.com. It covers everything from how to code nice and cleanly by hand, to how to design simple, userfriendly sites.

<v:path gradientshapeok="t" insetpenok="f" o:connecttype="segments" textboxrect="@27,@11,@25,@14"/>

Crazyness >__<

• 2 weeks later...

f**k it, Joe. If you wanna' take these peoples advice, then take it, but if you don't, then don't! if you like it... great :) ! Personally, i think it's an awesome effort... for Microsoft Publisher; nothing else. But, to be honest, i wouldn't have released it 'caus i would be rather a perfectionist in this sort of shizzle!

Cheers,

Joe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...