Are There Riders In The Midlands?

drumhitter

Hello everyone!

My name's Antony Stevens, I'm a 22 year old musician returning to trials riding after 4 years of messing around, using my bike just to get from A to B on (what's that all about) and am really loking forward to going on some of these "big" rides I'm reading so much about on the main forums.

I get my Trials specific Stock bike (with a DDG shooter frame) in a couple of days and after then will be up for getting out and finding out how much improving I have to do - quite possilbly a lot. So if there are any riders or groups of riders out there who fancy pulling me along out in the midlands that'd be great.

Cheers

(I just read that back - sounds really boring doesn't it! not as sad as I sound honest)

Hello everyone!

My name's Antony Stevens, I'm a 22 year old musician returning to trials riding after 4 years of messing around, using my bike just to get from A to B on (what's that all about) and am really loking forward to going on some of these "big" rides I'm reading so much about on the main forums.

I get my Trials specific Stock bike (with a DDG shooter frame) in a couple of days and after then will be up for getting out and finding out how much improving I have to do - quite possilbly a lot. So if there are any riders or groups of riders out there who fancy pulling me along out in the midlands that'd be great.

Cheers

(I just read that back - sounds really boring doesn't it! not as sad as I sound honest)

Vadilate him! Iam from nottingham....By the way dude there is gonna be a big nott's ride soon...Just wondering if you would pop along? (Y)

Hey Anthony! I am a begginner rider who is just starting riding very soon! i am just looking for some cheap cranks and a bottom bracket to get my bike finished! Where abouts in the midlands do you live? I live in Stourbridge, and I would be happy to meet for a ride!

Wow that was quick, thank you for your replys everyone I was worried there'd be no one up for it, biking that is. Seriously though that's great.

Yes yes yes I realised after I posted this topic that the midlands is actually quite a big place! My fault sorry... I live in Shrewsbury and might shortly be going back to music college in birmingham if I manage to muster the money/patience up.

Cheers

p.s. Thanks for the plea Nicky - I'm sure they'll all realise I'm a stand up guy who trys too hard soon enough! tee hee hee... and I'm definably up for a notts ride, say the word my friend I'm there on the train in a second. Should I just keep an eye on the main posts then? Not sure how this works.

Edited by drumhitter

Hey, I am from newport which is near shrewsbury, and there are a few of us that ride there occasionally (Y)

I'm guessing your a percussionist? Thats cool, im hoping to go to music college in a few years.

Add me on msn if you want, adamtrials@hotmail.co.uk

Edited by adamtrials

How did you guess I was a percussionist?? very well done sir.

More of a drummer recently as there aren't any gigs on percussion that pay well, trumpet's my first instrument though so I'm a trumpet drummer.

I've just had a bit of a let down with my bike - I received it this morning but one of the brake pads on the magura brakes had fallen off in transit. so I need to get down to the bike shop to get a new pair, I was hoping to get it together and ridable all in the same day but possibly not.... damn.

when I think about it I might just cop out and ask them to set up the brakes for me, I hear they're a little tricky and it's a while since I did anything other than pump a tyre up.

hey man, welcome the forum, im from the east midlands, leicester.

to be honest i wouldnt bother with your local bike shop, your best buying some decent pads straight away (read the recent pad reviews) as for setting the brake up... have a go yourself, if you never try you'll never learn :)

Edited by JoNnY__Mc

• 2 years later...

hello i live in shrewsbury too but im fairly new to "bike" trials but i used to do the motorbike version, id like to meet up with "drumhitter" and a few others localy just to experience what its all about really.... oh yer, in 15 but i hope that wont be an issue thanks xD

intrested?

Guest itstroy08

Hi mate;

Im from burton, so if you live close or whatever, do you fancy riding, usally with me and mates, and im pretty much a begginer so dont worry ;).

But there good so its easy to learn.

hello i live in shrewsbury too but im fairly new to "bike" trials but i used to do the motorbike version, id like to meet up with "drumhitter" and a few others localy just to experience what its all about really.... oh yer, in 15 but i hope that wont be an issue thanks xD

intrested?

The topic is two years old ;)

There are a few riders around but there isn't much of a scene.

The topic is two years old ;)

There are a few riders around but there isn't much of a scene.

yes i know but if you do have a sesh out then id like to know if id be able to come with you guys, so i posted this to see if anyone might still be reading...... id probably be able to come to birmingham and maybe a bit further, are you havong any local rides soon..?

Im trying to organise something for shrewsbury/telford for someday this week maybe wed or thur i will let you know in this thread if something gets sorted

ok yer i hope shrewsbury as i live here so that would be nice, where/what do you ride in s.bury and what time do you think it will be as i have school till 2:40

I ride an echo hifi, it will be my first time in shrewsbury as im a new rider myself im sure it will be after school finishes the what are you riding

god knows what im riding its strange lol il try and put a pic on face book if i can, i think it would be better if you look at the "birmingham riders?" topic as we have already organised a ride there