Triton Deema 26"

Dan Jones

Thanks man, the geo is just the normal one, 1080 wheelbase, 385 chain stay length, +2 bottom bracket height.

Before I say anything about it I have to tell you Luke behind Triton helped me out with this frame.

I'm not good at explaing how it rides, I like it. I think it might feel nicer with 380mm chain stays. It rides differently to aluminium frames as it seems to have a flexy/springy feel.

The frame retail price is £595.99 but they do not expect to sell many here. I'm not sure about the type of titanium, I'll try and find out.

Thanks

Nice bike. (Y)

:o £600 for a custom Ti frame? Are you sure? I thought they were £750... The material is Russian aircraft grade apparently. I remember Gazza saying something about it being much better than the Taiwanese 3AL/2.5V titanium. Oh god, I'm so tempted right now... How strong are they? Anyone going "big" on one atm?

How strong are they? Anyone going "big" on one atm?

Apparently VERY strong. Quoting some of Gazza's PMs about these frames (I was going to get one as well):

...OT4 titanium tube. This is the proper tubing. If you use them to build frames, they will last forever (there are Ti bikes over here that are 10-12 years old and have been used for extreme riding and still looke like new).

And answering other questions you will no doubt want to know the answers to:

A titanium frame feels like steel in general. But if we use to thin tubing, the frame become too flexy. So if a person wants the frame to be steel'ish or more alumin'ish - we use tubes of different diameter on the chainstays, seatsays and seat tube. Most of the riders fall in love with Titanium instantly after riding it a bit. The frames pushes you forward due to its tiny flex. It's a massive spring. If you do a tiny jump, it feels like alu. If you go big and apply a lot of power - the frame helps you by shooting the power ahead.

You should ask our riders I think. They are having the prototypes.

Simon Pearless, Andy Green, James Butcher. They may tell you in better English of how it feels.

I still own my old Batch Kot mod that has been produced at the factory I am making bikes now. Trials standards changed since then. The quality is now higher too. But this frame is 5 years old and I feel free to do any stupid moves on it.

IPB Image

Ti is very strong, but you have listen to the riders' feedback. Dan's first Deema cracked in a strange place (where seat tube and headtube are welded together). I received the pics from Dan, took the to factory and we investigated the reason. I like Titanium because it's custom, not mass production. We immediately changed the technology for that little bit. Dan got another frame which you can see at the pics.

This has been the only cracked frame so far. Saying frankly, I was somekind of happy when it cracked. I then knew what was supposed to be changed. I want more frames to crack....erm...I mean I don't want them to crack, but if they do, then I can update the next coming ones according to the issues we've had.