Right... Erm...

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

Hey peeps, i have obtained an apprenticeship at a local builders college called, "carillion" and im a plasterer.

They sent me a letter after passing my CITB test and having a "top notch" interveiw with some bok eyed man.

They said i will be starting sometime in september, and will get back to me on a nearer date...

But they still havnt gotten back to me, so i was just wondering, what date do apprenticeships noramlly start round about? or does it vary?

How would i over come finding out when i will be starting (ring them?)

Please help...

i know 2 people who where joiners for carrillion inliverpool. They both started at totally different times. This is not much help i know, but it could indicate that there is no common start time maybe??

They were both made redundant at the end of passing their apprenticeships by the way hehe.

i know 2 people who where joiners for carrillion inliverpool. They both started at totally different times. This is not much help i know, but it could indicate that there is no common start time maybe??

They were both made redundant at the end of passing their apprenticeships by the way hehe.

ok cheers.

Carillion seam to take along time to get back to their applicants :Slol

It was like the end of july when they said i have the apprenticeship! lol

some serious advice i can give you, from experience, which could prove invaluble in the long run, is to look towards national/international companies that are rquired by the country, ie. BT, British Gas, United Utilities, Sky, Telewest etc.

I had an apprenticeship with BT. These companies spend so much money training apprentices that they don't want them to leave when their term finishes. Although not contracted to, these types of huge companies almost always keep the apprentices for good. In BT i know of nobody who hasn't stayed on permanently, in 6 years.

These companies are also nationally relied upon and are so big they are pretty much self reliant and so have so many sectors within them, literally thousands of types of jobs, and in BT's case, hundreds of smaller companies that still come under the BT name.

Once into these companies you are free to move around and apply for most of these jobs. If your particular job becomes too low on work, they re deploy you to other jobs or other area's etc. Basically, you don't ose your job and will always have your money coming in.

Personally joining BT was the best financial and stress free choice i think i could ever have made. I am raking it in for low hours compared with other places (35.5 hr weeks) i have flexible hours, overtime available, really good pension, free shares in the company, 2 annual pay rises, guarenteed job for my whole career somewhere in BT.

BT apprentices start in Oct so you have missed this year but if you can get into BT i advise you do. Or other huge companies like i've said above.

Hope this helps and i hope you maybe listen to a little and see that it pays off hehe.

Bongo.

Im doing an apprenticeship as a plasterer, so im more or less most likly to get a job straight after the term is up! cause in carlisle, there isnt any plasterers, and by 2012 they are building 30,000 new houses in and around carlisle, which will all need plastering... lol

So i think iv chosen the right choice by getting a plasteres apprenticeship, cause im more likly to get a job after, instead of like being a joiner, cause theres too many of them they all gatting layed off! lol

Just rang them up now, and they said that, "we havnt finalised the groups yet, but you will either be starting on the 11th (monday) or the 25th (2 weeks on monday)

If im startung on monday, i will get a letter this week saying so, ifnot, then il be starting on the 25th..."

Awesome.

Bongo, BT apprenticeships vary start dates depending on wat your doing i started last september for bt fleet, but know of jointers who started there courses around the july time, but still, applications are only open for bt between january and end of april/may i think, at least thats how it worked when i joined.

sorry to go o/t but for bongo dean court - that name ring a bell.

Edited by trials_punk182

Im starting tommorow :S at 9am. all i have to take with me is my GCSE results, and thats it... lol

The carillion is full of chavs round here, not little ones, bit ones which would probs stab you :Slol

Ah well, get to know them, and i might have someone behind my back if something goes wrong :Dlol

Just rang them up now, and they said that, "we havnt finalised the groups yet, but you will either be starting on the 11th (monday) or the 25th (2 weeks on monday)

If im startung on monday, i will get a letter this week saying so, ifnot, then il be starting on the 25th..."

Awesome.

I came on in august for bt as a transmission engineer, brilliant choice

As for the carillion thing, i would say give them a ring! you wanna sort it out soon!!

Jono

Well i was there today, was fairly good i suppose.

I got my boots, hat and gloves, they ACE!!! :D

Messy job though :mellow:lol

Theres a REAL fit lass in my appenticeship class aswell :D shes f**king beauty! lol, only lass aswell, so she sits by herself n stuff, gonna go talk to her tommorow :P

Edited by terror-error