Whats Easier To Ride?

melvin146

it can depend, if you are short/small and try doing it on a 26' you will find it harder to manouver the bike, so in this situation i would go for a 20' bike mate (Y) .

if you are at a height of around just under 6 foot ish then it wont matter which one you choose....because you will start out on that and then become use to riding that size frame! there are some better points on riding the different size .e.g a 20' frame is harder to damage (snapping rear mech off) i myself ride a 26' which i find easier due to the frame being bigger, .e.g i can put my front wheel on a (for instants) a 4 foot high wall and get up it with ease, and the same situation on a 20' the front wheel will be more uncomfortable on that wall and would mean its more difficult to get up. (if you know what i mean???)

hope this helped (Y)

the same thing tends to happen you ride 20" from the start you end up going mod same for 26" im going mod now cause i had a heap of crap stock with identiti tunings which weighed tones, stock is good though for gaps and taps, etc but in the end the decision is nup to you :) .

well it dpends on your hight, weight and how fit you are in my opinion.. if you are quite small, at a young age, and dont realy ahve alot of muscle on you its proberly better to start on 20" it proves to be alot easyer to learn the basics on that a 26" bike however if you are quite tall around 15 - 16 and have a bit of meat on you i would suggest a 26" bike although 20 inch is easyer at first it wouldnt be hard when you have those qualitys to be able to manover the bike as a smaller person would on a 20 " bike.

Will

In regards to the 24 inch tires what I was thinking of doing was getting like a small 13-14 inch frame and using that as my starting point. I think that it should be small enough to accomodate 24 inch tires. I know this will not be a true mod bike, probably more like a stock rig (correct me please if I'm not using these terms right) but it would provide a great range of mobility as compared to something with 26 inch wheels. I appreciate the responses.