Fear

Craig_Walker

i am really proud of my self today because i over come my fear of trials hight

i never used to trials hope off nothing more than 1ft :lol: but today i was jumping of things like 2-3 ft :D is was relly proud what the highes drop you have done

:$ (the only reason i as scared to do 1 ft was because im only 11 and just started) :$

sweet mate, you will find that over time, riding for a few months your confidence gets better and you will do bigger and higher drops without waiting around on the top.

i remember wen i hadn't ridden for very long and i was really scared of doing drops about 6 foot, it would have taken me 10 or so mins of waiting around on top till i tried it, but now i am so much more confident i don't even think about it i just do it, for example bus stops, huge blocks/walls and crates etc.

keep trying the same tricks a few times before you move up in height and you should find it easier due to you having more confidence!! (Y)

good luck with your riding i wish you all the best mate!!! (Y)

wow 11 huh? i would have loveed to start at that age! well done mate, thats the way to do it.. im sure by the time your around 15 your be up with the pros! lol well good to hear there are young riders about.. and doing trials also keeps you fit and strong, which you will deffinately be proud about in the years to come, mark my words!

Drop's are gaaaaay :P

I've done about 7-8ft though, I blame bigman ;)

Shut up I have only just started trials well just started trials because my brother wouldn’t ride so I had to wait for my mate Sam got a bike and now I have only just started hopping so don’t be out of order its bout the best I can do. I bet you couldn’t Evan ride a bike when you was 12 so shut your gob!!!

(Oh and yes I am sorry I just had my birthday and I keep thinking I am still 11 but im 12 :lol: do you ever do that???) :P

Edited by Craig_Walker

drops are fun to start with so dont start saying that Jaffa.. the boys trying, and probably isnt doing to bad so dont crush him lol.. anyways craig just enjoy yourself and dont run before you can walk.. you have plenty of time to learn :)

lol i dont think ill be running for a while i was drunk the other night and jumped off a van and crushed my foot lol but i can walk on it hehe

:ermm: does anybody have any tips for staying up on your back wheel when trials hopping???

yeah bend your arms and legs so the bike comes under you more opposed to to keeping your arms straight and leaning back to counterbalence the bikes weight ,

bending gives you more control and allows you to make small hopes up to a ledge before you drop.

most of all it just takes practice (Y)