Pads

moto trials rules

i know people leave stuff for pads often but just an enquiry?

i have a newish onza ronnie rim with a good grind which is

kind of harsh,

i brought a new set of echo/zoo cant remember

but the new pink pads which has worn down so quick in only 2

or 3 times of using them which shows how harsh the grind is

my question is does anyone know of a really good set of pads which will last at

least a little longer on this wheel?

Cheers

Joe

The zoos and echos are made for smooth rims or very very light grinds, so that's why they wore out fast. Koxx-brows or greens > heard a good review on greens, ask onzaboymark.

for dry weather riding, deffinatly the koxx reds...

They are the boys of koxx pads in the dry...

the greens we're kinda shite me thinks.

Back to topic...

Why do you have such a harsh grind? are you sure its harsh, and not you "thinking" its harsh?

The way to go is, light but really sharp grind, with some koxx bloxx reds... and then set it up, and leave it...

You WILL have an amazing back brake...

how on earth people can recomend koxx browns i dont no, they will out last your rim and probably you they are just to hard of a compound. the grind doesn't wear your pads down the pads wear your grind down within in a ride when you use koxx browns. the coust pads from heatsink are amazing i would deffo rcomend them. you could use the pads review thing there is, there are pages of reviews on pads that im sure could help you.

Edited by andy h

phat pads by non other than the legend 'fat mike' just got a pair in cnc backing and they took a day to wear in but once they did they were the nadds.

very loud good in both wet and dry and from what he has told me they offer good wear rate.i am really liking these pads.

the koxx browns i have also used and they were also very impressive..work very well on a grind in both wet weather and dry with no tar needed.i was riding through brooks and they were still performing as well as they were when the rim was bone dry.the wear rate is amazing also and they are well worth the cash,have a very positive feel on the lever and are loud.

plazmatic crm's are loud and lock very well but on some rims they dont perform very well and can go crap in the rain.they are undoubtable one of the best dry weather pads ive used but the wear rate is lss impressive than harder pads.

heatsink blues are very loud and grippy.i have a pair on the front of my bike with an 04 magura on a ground 05 echo rim and i can honistly say that it is the sharpest front rim brake ive ever felt.lovingthese pads also.only 14 pounds and they are seriously good.the wear rate is pretty good to.nothing will ever compare to the ware rate of koxx browns though (Y)

max.....

phat pads by non other than the legend 'fat mike' just got a pair in cnc backing and they took a day to wear in but once they did they were the nadds.

very loud good in both wet and dry and from what he has told me they offer good wear rate.i am really liking these pads.

the koxx browns i have also used and they were also very impressive..work very well on a grind in both wet weather and dry with no tar needed.i was riding through brooks and they were still performing as well as they were when the rim was bone dry.the wear rate is amazing also and they are well worth the cash,have a very positive feel on the lever and are loud.

plazmatic crm's are loud and lock very well but on some rims they dont perform very well and can go crap in the rain.they are undoubtable one of the best dry weather pads ive used but the wear rate is lss impressive than harder pads.

heatsink blues are very loud and grippy.i have a pair on the front of my bike with an 04 magura on a ground 05 echo rim and i can honistly say that it is the sharpest front rim brake ive ever felt.lovingthese pads also.only 14 pounds and they are seriously good.the wear rate is pretty good to.nothing will ever compare to the ware rate of koxx browns though (Y)

max.....

phat pads

IPB Image

Why do you have such a harsh grind? are you sure its harsh, and not you "thinking" its harsh?

The way to go is, light but really sharp grind, with some koxx bloxx reds... and then set it up, and leave it...

You WILL have an amazing back brake...

I run exacly that. Works suuuper (Y)

ok ive had a fair few pads with trials my opininon on all pads are

koxx browns, great pad in wet and dry but you will need to replace your rim before you run out of pad

koxx greens, never worked in the dry for me but in the wet they worked so much better

plaz crms, didnt work for me not on a smooth rim nor grind (N)

heatsink blues, great i love this pad had 3 sets of these work well in the dry and got v nice noise, but not in the wet

coust, great pad great noise great hold but cant really say how well because i use tar and my wheel is not true or round at the mo

zoo, great pad if you are usin smooth rim and dap of tar, with a grind even better but you wont have a pad at the end of the week

there are other pads i have tried (on mates bikes)

monty longs, good pad on a grind but same with a zoo you wont have much left after a weeks riding

monty shorts, great with tar and a smooth rim also work in the damp

echo pinks, work well but may slip now and again

bubble gum, didnt work for my mate

phat pads, according to a mate they work reallly well and pretty damm cheap as well 9 stirling lol

hope this helps mate cheers ric