New Way To Make Your Brakes Better?

_Owen.

i was out riding the other day and put a bit of tar on my rim, but it really stressed me out because it kept sticking and the brake kept locking. so i thought how the hell am i going to get tar of my rim. so when i got home i cleaned my rims with white spirit until all the tar was gone. then after that i did a very light grind on my rear rim, and now my brakes are amazing. no locking and no slipping :shifty: . was just wondering if any of you keep you rims really clean to make your braking better. or if any one has any weird and wonderful thig they do to make their brakes better rather than the usual grind or tar.

So, you're saying that having a clean rim, or a grind is a new way to have working brakes?

Wow, give the boy a medal :-

Oh, and I think you meant to say that the brakes DID lock, rather than DIDN'T, right? surely the idea is to have a brake which holds...

Assume you mean no sticking yeah?

Only joking, I'm not really that harsh...

But yeah, clean rims help!

Edited by rideside

So, you're saying that having a clean rim, or a grind is a new way to have working brakes?

Lol

Oh, and I think you meant to say that the brakes DID lock, rather than DIDN'T, right? surely the idea is to have a brake which holds...

Think he means the pads stuck to the rim with the tar, so locked up when not supposed to :huh:

Wow, give the boy a medal

n*b. lol

surely the idea is to have a brake which holds...

yes so when you are trying to hop forwards you want a brake that locks?? well good luck gapping then!!!

cleaning your rim wil make it work better but not all the time. Most people use grinds as they tend to work alot nicer and are consistantly grippy don't slip etc. You can also feel the bite of the brake alot more and in my eyes give you more confidence in your bike and therefore go bigger. My friend use to run a clean back rim and worked nice but nothing compared to a grind. ceramic rims are another story though and work amazing with plaz pads (Y)

Edited by tomtrials

:lol::lol::lol:

Assume you mean no sticking yeah?

Only joking, I'm not really that harsh...

But yeah, clean rims help!

this is going downhill...figured i'd add my pointless post :)

heres mine :rolleyes:

max.....