My Broken Back

granty

I know exactly what you went through. I had a curved and twisted spine 4 yrs ago and it was pushing my ribs out my body and i had to have the operation asap because anytime my ribs wud of crushed my heart. (sorry no pics of me before as my mum said i wouldn't like it) bless her.

anyway... i had my op 4 years ago and they put 2 rods in like yours, and removed 5 ribs and took some of my shoulder too and used it as bone grapht (sp).

Nights through intensive care, needles in my neck, shoulder, wrist, both hands later, this is a pic 3 days after my op when they took the dressing off...

IPB Image

Now its barely noticable.

Edited by Charlotte_P

That is the sex, I want a scar like that :P

Seriously though, how was your back before in comparison to this dudes?

My back looked kind of like his but was more of a 'C' shape. I felt like a normal person even though my back was all wrongly shaped lol. Luckily my mum noticed it quite soon, because my right shoulder was sticking out when i was trying on clothes. My spine was at a 48degree angle one side, so they had to operate asap. It was a too bigger angle to just put it in a back brace.

Quite annoying though, cause whenever i go on holiday, i have to take an X-Ray of my spine incase the beepy thing goes off lol. And i cant do rolly pollys anymore damn hehe.

thats quite savage mate, hopes it sorts itself out in the end.

dont you dare go back riding before they tell you and even then take it easy, back when i broke my arm badly i was riding dh (before i discovered trials) a week after it came out of the cast (which it was in for over 2 moths) i was out riding again. i fell off split the scar and f**ked up the already weak and wasted muscles where they'd put two plates and 12 screws in and put myself back by 5 weeks.

just ake it easy and slowly and do the physio! sorry to sound like your mum!

good luck with the recovery

craig

I have a twisted spine and a very bad posture (sp). You can only notice it when bending over, My shoulders have been pulled forward too.

This is mostly due to my illness Cystic Fibrosis. Most of my breathing has created this, But at the moment my lung function is very good due to Riding trials i don't let it interfere with my hobbies and sports.

Hope you get back to the stuff you was up to before. (Y)

Aaron. x

wow that looks so different to mine. hehe. have u had anyone run their finger down your scar yet? lol such a weird question but it really makes me feel sick.

Also, do you still have numbness in your back? I do slightly and other areas of my body from all the drugs. Really strange seeing as though i had mine done 4yrs ago.

Good luck with it all anyway, and listen 2 the people above lol. do as your told :P

yea the top of my back feels kinda numb its weird but no i always get the back scratcher and scratch my scar cause it feels nice lol has it affected you doing anything ie biking or not? :)

I don't ride. I'm only on the trials forum because my boyfriend is andy p who rides for MAD. I did use to play squash though and i couldnt play for over a year after my operation.

That made me cringe when you say you like to scratch ur scar with ur scratching stick lol.