Saracen Mad 2.zero-your Opinions

meisthemunch

No, no, no, no, no!

I pratt around on one of them all the time in my store.

They are shit.

Really heavy, shit feel, crap on the rear wheel, it has the lowest of BB height (minus something a think), handle bars too far over the front axle, handle bars too high, unresponsive V-brakes and can only use normal sixe tyres.

I advise saving another £150 and getting someting so much better.

Rob

i think that the best bike to start with would be an onza t-bird they are cheap and when you get to good for it everything should fit straight on to nearly any frame but thats just my opinon its up to

hope you make the right choice mate (Y)

DONT GO FOR A SARACEN

the head angle is all wrong, poor welds and very heavy (N)

go for an onza, much higher quality build and nicer ride

have a look on ebay for one i will have a t pro for sale soon keep checking forsale/wanted

maxxis26

Get it...Mate has one,Really good for the price.Just upgrade the brake's to hs33 and get new pad's too.I find them really good on the back wheel for the price of them and the spec of it is decent for the price aswell.My mate has got one and it's his first trial's bike and he's had no problem's with it.The v-brake's are actually quite good when you run tar with them(There tektro's).In my opinion ill get one if i was you. (Y)

There's not really anything else in that price range, so you don't have much choice. If you want a trials bike then it will work and you'll be able to get to a decent standard on that (by which time you'll have caught the trials bug and want to spend all your money on some new bits anyway!). But don't expect it to be a great ride and to last a long time - There are reasons why you can spend ten times that much on a trials bike.

I would say if you're looking for bikes around that price range, you're far better off going for something second hand, if you can find one. Otherwise, you're not going to get anything significantly better for less than about £400 (Which is where the T-Pro comes in).

I set my heart out on getting one of them for my first bike but a friend of mine told me i shouldn't get one and i am glad i didn't.I recently had a go on one and i can honestly tell you that they are rubbish. I would say get an onza bike because they are good for beginners and they are a good value for money.

no no their would be no point get a bike with good parts so you do not need to replace all of them

onza t-pro is a good bike you would just need to replace the cranks get a front freewheel and new bars

SWEENEY! What are you on about?! T-Pro's are good starter bikes to be fair, but they come with Onza Orbita crank arms with an integrated uci bash. Which are fine! Granted there not really anything special, but they never ever brake etc. There just a bit naff. And last but not least - THEY ALREADY HAVE FREEWHEELS ON THE FRONT! At least have a quick glance at the onza website or something before you start slagging off parts! Plonka! :P

Anyway, I wouldn't go for a 'Mad 2.zero' simply because you'd probably be able to do more on a magna (£40 from any crap toy shop). The geo is crap, the parts are crap... I think that bike is the reason more people don't do trials. The go out and buy the cheapest bike they can find, the bike rides sh*t so they give up.

If I was you, I'd try and find some cheap second hand bits on the For sale/Wanted section, talk to the sellers on msn and build a bike up! If your too stupid to build one (when I started I was too) then try and get a full second hand bike. From the For Sale/Wanted section or good ol' ebay!

Sorry for the essay!

Edit: I need to learn to spell :)

Edited by Mr_Tensile

dont get one my mate has one and (not that im very experienced) they feel shit. bars to far over front wheel. gearing very wierd and they are heavy.

iv got an onza t pro and it feels really nice im getting better all the time on it.

it is so short

Very true, might just be the pic but it does look short

I gotta say i wouldn't get it if i could get something fractionally dearer (Onza T-Vee), you'll have that reliability from a trials specific make, and as you probably know its a make everyone goes for, Saracen make mountain bikes, not trials.