Rare Hub

STC

hey,

i was just wondering why my rare hub skips when i am peddleing but some times it skips when i am riding it rely get annoying when it skips.

do any of you who is reading this ever had it before and why does it do that?

cheers luke

that sounds scary if you ask me if it is skipping that often, what if you are in the middle of a move or drop? and it skips..

if you ask me i think i would get it seen to properly, or best to buy a new one.

what rear hub is it?

thank you

Greeny

he obviously mean rear.. spellin bee where are you :lol:

But on subject get yourself a new hub son.. if it skips on the edge of a drop or release from preload on a gap.. thats when face connects with concrete

Edited by mods

If it's a DDG and skipping it be shaged, buy a Hope Pro II mate

Rare or Blue is how you cook a stake, hot skillet, oil till it's spitting lay the stake on flat, 5 to 10 seconds, then other side then the sides to seal, over to warm through for ten mins @ 180c then serve with chips, pee, corn on the cob.

Edited by Wright Pads

If it's a DDG and skipping it be shaged, buy a Hope Pro II mate

Rare is how you cook a stake, hot skillet, oil till it's spitting lay the stake on flat, 5 to 10 seconds, then other side then the sides to seal, over to warm through for ten mins @ 180c then serve with chips, pee, corn on the cob.

its also something that is widely unknown of, 'a rare book'

shmarty pantsh :P

never trust ddg hubs..it sounds like the rachet ring is mangled.

like 'wright pads ' says get a pro II

max....

yeah hes right you'll have to get a new freehub body or new hub , this happened to my onza hub it starts out small just skipping now and then but in the end it just goes completly and freewheels in both directions!!

nah i would reccommend the chris king classic.....some pro 2's brake so i'd rather the king imo!

l8rs!!!

Thats a bit of a rash statement since pretty much EVERY bike product has been known to fail at one point or another, even king hubs. A lot of people now will not touch king hubs after bad experiences, and much rather be on hopes.

Anyway:

The king is nice, so is the pro 2, but to be honest both are likely to be out of your price range, the hope XC/mono is an old favorite, strong, easy to service, and last pretty well. not as quick to engage as pro2/king but will last well enough, and can be got 2nd hand easily too.

Another good option atm, if you like single speed, is a DMR singlespeed hub with screw on ENO (or similar) freewheel.