Echo Cranks...

Bruce

First off, i would just like to introduce myself as i'm new to this forum.

I'm Bruce. I'm from Bridport in Dorset. Theres some pretty nice riding down here for all levels of riders, so if theres any riders around that area, or who feel like a change and want to come down, let me know :) Theres only a handful of riders so it would be nice to meet some new people etc.

Anyway, back on topic.

I have the Echo forged ISIS cranks (these ones i think) and just seem to be having endless trouble with them.

First it was the the cranks moving and loosening off the bolts. I thought it was my bottom bracket that may have been the problem, so i bought a new one but that hasn't stopped the problem. Also i have just noticed that the pedal thread on the left crank has practically ripped out...

I just wondered if there's anyone else thats had problems with these cranks?

(I will post some pictures when i get a chance.)

First off, i would just like to introduce myself as i'm new to this forum.

I'm Bruce. I'm from Bridport in Dorset. Theres some pretty nice riding down here for all levels of riders, so if theres any riders around that area, or who feel like a change and want to come down, let me know :) Theres only a handful of riders so it would be nice to meet some new people etc.

Anyway, back on topic.

I have the Echo forged ISIS cranks (these ones i think) and just seem to be having endless trouble with them.

First it was the the cranks moving and loosening off the bolts. I thought it was my bottom bracket that may have been the problem, so i bought a new one but that hasn't stopped the problem. Also i have just noticed that the pedal thread on the left crank has practically ripped out...

I just wondered if there's anyone else thats had problems with these cranks?

(I will post some pictures when i get a chance.)

1. welcome to forum dude (Y)(Y)

2. get a set of lockrings, that would stop cranks moving

3. get your pedal thread holocoiled (got to an enginering place and ask them to do it for a few quid)

4. ride and be happy :D

sam

Cheers for all the suggestions :)

I was just a bit annoyed really, because in general i find Echo components are quite good.

But theres not much point me fussing with these cranks now anyway as i'm getting myself a set of the Middleburn Super Pro-Trials cranks next week (yay!)....unless anyone has any other suggestions??

What cranksets do you lot use?

When i put the pedals into the cranks was really careful as i've had probblems with cross-threading before, so dont think cross-threading is reason for their death. The thread just seemed to rip out. Ive never had anything like this happen before...maybe ive put on weight or something...lol!

Anyway, I think i'll go with the Middleburns, the quality on their components is second to none, so hopefully no more crank problems! woop!