Dmr V8's

bowman12

today, i bought myself some shiney new V8 pedals as my onza shin digs were shot. so i fitted the new pedals, greased them up with the supplied grease, went for a ride and they sounded AWFULL. will this stop as i use them or do i need to take them back?

Dont use the suplied red grease, go out and buy "copper assembly grease" its designed for super high pressure and +200 degree's heat (not that trials will ever put it under that level of heat :P but it made my V8's run perfectly smooth...... till the axles died :P

iv just brought my second pair of v8's and im having the same trouble and they dont seem to be wearing in but getting worse if i was you id take them back and show them how long youv had them etc.

if youv done every thing right theres no reason for them to creek so you shoukld get your money back no problems.

ben

I have had 3 pairs of v8's on diferent bikes and never have i had this problem.

take them back to the shop as soon as possible and get a new pair. It may be that they just need bedding. But its best to get a new pair, and not risk the shop not taking them back after you've scratched them a bit.

DMRs are full of problems. So badly overrated. Ben Cox once had some V8s, and brought them on a London ride ages ago, first day of using them, and I spot some bearings hanging out, with only the red grease holding them onto the pedal... terrible. On top of that the silver ring next to the bit that screws into the crank moves around a lot...

Just get VPs... or some decent flat pedals, Gusset Slimjim for example, which are £30 for a sealed pair. Good value for money, unlike DMRs.

Dont use the suplied red grease, go out and buy "copper assembly grease" its designed for super high pressure and +200 degree's heat (not that trials will ever put it under that level of heat :P but it made my V8's run perfectly smooth...... till the axles died :P

DON'T :o copper grease has loads of little bits of copper in and it will grind away the bearings! my mate done it to his bb and he had to replace it. if dmr supply the grease then thats the grease to use. (Y)