B/b Height, Going Down?

rab3481

I got my bike nicked a few weeks ago(KOT ms2, total bummer!!) and i've started looking for a new bike. I've noticed alot of '07 bikes have lower B/B heights than last years, after increasing for the last few yearsbut this year the Adamant A1 and ZOO Pitbull have dropped almost 2 inches... This is wierd, i quite liked having a higher b/b compared with my old bike(ancient PlanetX -ZEBDI from the start of the millenium!). I guess it's easier to do pedal gaps'n'stuff, what do you guys think?

2cm, not inchs, inches would make it a massive drop. i personally don't give a shit about bb height, i can ride just about anybike to a reasonable standard so it doesn't really matter all that much. But if it can to it, i would pick a bb height of about 25mm

yeah, i was just wondering why such a change, i can do trials on almost anything too....I'm not trying 180s on a road bike again though :$ that was a bad plan! i might go for one of the higher 06 bikes cos there cheap and i'm skint....worked feckin hard to afford that kot as well and now its gone :(

yeah, i was just wondering why such a change, i can do trials on almost anything too....I'm not trying 180s on a road bike again though :$ that was a bad plan! i might go for one of the higher 06 bikes cos there cheap and i'm skint....worked feckin hard to afford that kot as well and now its gone :(

Sorry about the bike, I'm so scared about mine it stays in my bedroom! The number of times my shed's been broken into is getting stupid. I once tried a 180 front pivot on my friends road bike. I would have made it too, if I didn't wreck his wheel. He wasn't so happy with me. Oh well!

Deng just thinks that most riders would prefer a middle high bb like 20-30mm! (Y)

And he guessed right i think! Pedal kicks are not as easy with a high bb frame....

they are just sidehop machines! (this is my personal opinion)

But there are of course riders outside who rides perfect on

a high bb bike! Like Damon Watson!

Welll in my opinion 25mm like in my Ashton are just perfect! (Y)(Y)

Greetings

Martin

::cough:: pitbull ::cough::

yes the bb rises have changed again.

IMO the high bb frames in excess of +35 mm (so the +50,60 and in the marc vinco frames case +80mm frames) were all too high and caused trouble for taps and gaps to many people.

The frame bb heights soared from +10mm to a massive +80mm within the year and i thought that was a

bit too much.

i reecently purchased a zoo! pitbull 07 long and its alot easier on the backwheel than the 05 but the bb height isnt too high (+25mm , similar to the Ashton justice)

max....

yeah, i noticed heights had gone up tonnes for 06, I'd got meeself a kot with urbans which was about +30 which was nice. I liked the look of the adamant a1 prob becuase it just looks sexy to be honest and thats dropped down from 55 to 15!! might go for one though cos i run singlespeed and it'd be nice to have horizontal dropouts.... -Rab

I've found a new steed! :D I'm getting that adamant a1 of roly. I always liked the look of adamants, it's got a high bottom bracket but i might as well use one to see what there like... It'll be a sweet project pimpin' this one. -RaB