How Do I Tighten My Freewheel

Hendy

you can do it the proper way where you take off the crank arm and use a tool to tighten it up. the tool is a y shape and has two little bits which fit into the freewheel(sorry i dont no the name), or you can do it the way i do jam something like a screwdriver in one of the holes in the back of the free wheel and bash it round with a hammer. hope this helps.

T-om (Y)

Used to have this problem all the time. You can do one of two things -

1. Buy a decent freewheel (Tensile, Try-All, ENO...)

or

2. Get a small allen key (I'd say a maximum of 3mm) and 'situate' yourself on the left hand side of your bike. Turn the crank arm round (anti-clockwise) untill you can see a little pit/hole/round nobbely dip thing. Stick the thin allen key in that hole, then keep turning the crank arm with the allen key in the same place until it gets stiff. (Y)

If that doesn't make alot of sence add me on msn, I'll take some pictures and show you.

little hole and the back off the freewheel, on the frame side usually, put small alan key (sharp object) and peadal the cranks back, this will tighten your freewheel, usually have to keep you eye on them, or it will blow up and bearings will be everywhere..

if you mean the ring that keeps the freewheel form falling apart. than there is only one thing weld it, but only to the center of the freewheel otherwise your chainring will not move enymore :P . this is as far as i know the only solution because i tried to locktite it and i tried to glue it with epoxy but it was coming loose and even when i welded it the weld was broken but it couldn't come lose because it wasn't fully round enymore because of the weld that was on it :D . now i ride with a freewheel in the rear and the problem is over :DB) .

you have a freewheel that is already welded tartybikes

afz rambo

Edited by rambo

i picked up monty last week, and the guy from the company told me that you should keep you chain a bit loose, because the high tension on a tight chain pulls too much on the freewheel which will make it come loose.

not really an awnser to you questing, but it might help to prevent it from coming lose again.

hi i recently bought my moty and the freewheel keeps coming loose please help me stop this happening

here you go....!

On your freewheel there are two punch howls on the lock ring to titen or loosen, on picture. if u want to titen your freewheel, simply tern it anti clockwise, or the other way to loosen.

on the picture there is an eno freewheel but for demonstrational purposes its the same as your monty fw. the red arrows show where to locate the lockring.

IPB Image(Y)

(Y)(Y)(Y)

why is everyone saying, "titen it and lock tite it", :ermm: er how he spose to no are you gona tell him, he just asked you.... and "use an anlen key",, NEW menbers honestly!, :D this dose not help him!

Edited by Maximus