Disc Brake

1337 Trials

BB9 i guess is 2007 stuff so non of us really will of seen or used it!

180mm is fine, it's like do you really belive what ever bird tell you that you willy is too smal ldoes nowt for them? It's up to you but it's how you use it that matter. You don;t need to hit the brake to get you and the bike to move, you should move with the bike and the brake!

I had a set of speed dial 5's on one of my old bikes long in the past, would say they work petty well, had one of those ti ones well the same design but not that expensive, wouldnt see the point in getting that really expensive lever for a cable brake, but yeah they work great.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Stop messing about and get one of these!!! Bolt it on, get it hot and wet it'll be fine or 2nd hand thats done for you just have to fit it! I'm still trying to get use to the bit point on mine but it's perfect. Never slipped on me at all what so ever!

Oh and you can't say they don;t look good when the bloody do

Pete

FFS people ,lol. Well the avid bb7 is alot cheaper and I do need some cash for other stuff :S

~Matty :rolleyes:

In my experience its also better perfoming then the Hope, and feels much nicer. Personally my next Disc will be an Avid BB7. When/if my Julie ever packs up on me. God Bless magura!

Because you ride a mod, a 160mm disk has more than enough power. From wiggle they are £63. The levers from chain reaction cycles are £20. So that is already £30 pounds cheaper then you thought.

Also, i have ridden a freinds cross country bike many times with avid juicy 5's. In my opinion they feel spongy and seem to only have just enough power to stop him. I think the BB7 is alot better suited to trials (Y) .

Edited by ted

Stop messing about and get one of these!!! Bolt it on, get it hot and wet it'll be fine or 2nd hand thats done for you just have to fit it! I'm still trying to get use to the bit point on mine but it's perfect. Never slipped on me at all what so ever!

Oh and you can't say they don;t look good when the bloody do

Pete

Thought you were testing that frame for FP Pete?

Looks like a Coust' to me.. :-

As for thew thread, for a mod, get a BB7, with a 165mm rotor.

Mine's perfeft.

And I'm using a cable I got from work (Halfords) and an old Avid SD3 lever, and it's still nice.

Very nice. Looks pretty cool. You know theres that rotor and the other rotor.

http://www.pricepoint.com/images/styleImag...15%20AVDMB3.jpg

Is there any difference???

~Matty

Yeah.

At a guess, the other rotor will work slightly better, as it will cool down quicker because of the more holes in it.

I have a hop Gothic rotor, and it's 165mm, but damn sharp.

Feels like my mates 180mm on his stock. :blink:

Looks like this:

[attachmentid=8249]

As I said before, I think it feels sharper because there is less metal that the pads hit, so it will cool down alot quicker. Something like that anyway. :ermm:

I'm sure someone else could explain it better. :P

Yeah.

At a guess, the other rotor will work slightly better, as it will cool down quicker because of the more holes in it.

I have a hop Gothic rotor, and it's 165mm, but damn sharp.

Feels like my mates 180mm on his stock. :blink:

Looks like this:

[attachmentid=8249]

As I said before, I think it feels sharper because there is less metal that the pads hit, so it will cool down alot quicker. Something like that anyway. :ermm:

I'm sure someone else could explain it better. :P

Thats what I thought mate ;)

~Matty

well not really as you need the whole surface of the pad to make contact with the rotor to make it sharp, and it would depend on the composit of the pad as well as the condition of the rotor, and as for cooling the only brake that i have had any problem with as for cooling was the really old C2's hope brought out, which you had a on fly wheel adjuster so that you could move the piston your self, which was a good idea, yeah but your rotor mate is really cool lol i wish i had money for one of those beasts lol

yeah its best to get the bigest rotor (in experiance) well 160mm to 180 works great, as the rotor (the bigger it gets) rotates slower, so that it can bite alot better and get that sharpness back, so a 180 should be alot sharper than a 160 anyway