New T-comp

danfox23

why do they have to use 1 frame for 2 different bikes?

Why not? It allows people who havn't got the money to still have a bike with a good geo frame. The new t-pro has taken over the old t-bird.

It's good to have choices.

i think that someone needs to slap onza, all of them four mods or just two different frames, but in four different bike specs :S why

Why not? It's nearly the same as how it was, but with an extra bike.

The T-comp is much shorter than the T-pro...

Is it? :huh: Look like the same geo to me, just a different colour.

The components are much better now, tensile freewheels, disc mounts on the forks, disc hubs i think, really nice pedals and cranks, good rims on the t-comp.

are they having a garaf. i would at least expect a disk if they arnt going to use the t-pro frame. who ever buys a t-comp will no what its like to get raped because thats what it is really.

What the hell you talking about?

Im totally with JT on this one!

what the heck are all you guys talking about??

Onza have spec'ed the same frame in different ways depending on how much the customer wants to spend

and the customers purpose for the bike! you just have to accept that - NOT all trials bikes are used for

trials riding and also that NOT everyone can afford maggies and disks on a 1st bike!!

Why not? It allows people who havn't got the money to still have a bike with a good geo frame. The new t-pro has taken over the old t-bird.

Yes buy why not offer two t-pro specs, one with the v-brakes and the spec 2 i smililar to the new t-comp, then they could keep the old t-comp frame but update the design a little e.g. strengthen the area's where it brakes the most, then they would have 2 extra bikes to sell.

Edit: but would'nt some people want the new t-bird if they are a beginner because it is cheaper, has a seat and has a decent front brake.

Edited by danfox23

The new T-Comp has drilled rims ,theT-Pro doesn't. The frames are the same.The new range was developed against a background of rocketing prices of raw materials and components and the new T-Pro is an attempt to bring a real competition standard trials bike to beginners. We have tried to put value in where it counts, (like Tensile freewheels on both T-Pro and T-Comp). I am sure there will be detractors but we are trying to maintain a range of 20" trials bikes that is both strong and affordable, using a real involvement in trials to help us to maintain our edge. No company in the world does that which is why we dominate in that market. Others either operate only in the mid to top end or produce badly designed off the shelf cheap one offs which do nothing to further the development of the trials market. The new range will be available very shortly so please allow it to arrive before jumping to conclusions.

Onza have really limited there marketing now. T-vee is the same. the T-bird had double maggie set up, so why on earth put cable disc/v-brakes on, and why put v-brakes on the t-pro when it was such a success. it acctually made my mate change his mind about getting one. big mistake on onzas behalf if you ask me

sorry regarding my last post after writing it i tried to edit it so my thoughts came out rong lol

i dont understand proper why they have made the made the bikes with not as good components. as i see it you buy a t-pro because it is a great value for money bike with maguras and a decent frame so why put a vee on the front of it and im assuing other stuff isnt as good because it is cheaper than last year, but i can see the up side of upside of it now being cheap and it still being a decent bike i would jus liked to see it with maggys imo. and the t-bird they have put a vee and cheap disk on, as i see it you got a t-bird because you couldn't quite aford a t-pro but wonted a decent bike with maguras so i would of liked to see it with maggys still. the t-comp i would of liked to see more specced up may be with a disk, because the t-pro frames is a really good frame to ride better than the t-mag i think so would of liked to of seen a really high specced t-pro.

but i can see the upside of all these changes giving still a good bike for less, they just not quiet what i would do

Onza have really limited there marketing now. T-vee is the same. the T-bird had double maggie set up, so why on earth put cable disc/v-brakes on, and why put v-brakes on the t-pro when it was such a success. it acctually made my mate change his mind about getting one. big mistake on onzas behalf if you ask me

Read what mike poyser just said it's not all what you think it to be if they kept the bikes how they were they have to put the prices up.