Headphones

Si-man

I am after a decent pair of headphones (not earphones!) for use on computer (listening to music, gaming etc)an for using on the stereo.

I have a round £60 to spend, maybe more if tehy are good.

I have no idea what to get. the ones I have at the moment are technics rp-f290 stereo headphones

ANy help would be mucho appreciated (Y)

Edited by Si-man

i've got some grado labs sr60's that i use on my pc almost everyday.

they are mint. kinda old scool design but really nice and light, and the sound is amazing becasue they are open backed.

i think mine were £70 when i got them, i think that was jan/feb this year but i can't remember.

anyway yeh, just a recommendation really, cos i love mine.

With a budget of £60 i reckon you could look at getting a set of wireless headphones, as being tied to the computer really does suck.

Maybe something like These

Or I've heard good things about the sound and build quality of these not to mention the easy charging dock for them.

A friend of mine had these and they sounded alright, but he was an idiot and wore them out and about in town so looked like a tit, butgreat for home use.

Im not sure if you have access, but go into an apple shop, (as in iPods :P ) they have like rows and rows of headphones which you can keep trying out, im sure you could find something that suits your needs in there, theres loads to choose from.

Closest one to me is mnchester I think.

Well im going preston today, so might have a gander in the sony shop.

Cheer for the info, think I may have to go for some wireless ones, seem alot more practical for what i'm going to be using them for (Y)

Wireless headphones are awful, If you have even half a clue about sound quality you wont get any.

I have a pair of technics RP F880's which are resonable, theres not a great deal of depth but then again theyre pretty cheap (£60) so meh.

Have a look at the senheiser range, Theyre pretty much top dog - but can be expensive.

I use ultrasone hfi 650's which I find to be superb. I found them to have a really good simulated depth of spacial sound and to be very colourful. They've had very good reviews which always makes me paranoid about what I truely think about them :)

Only thing is they cost £99: http://www.relax-uk.com/product.asp?id=192&sm=

Thought I would mention them even though they seeminly overstep the mark of your price limit just because I was so impressed by them.

Edited by rowly

Can you get wire extensions for normal headphones? as sound quality on wireless is not as good as normal headphones...eg.. if you want to sit at the other side of the room?

yeh you can easily.

i have a f**king massive one going from my amp to my pc.

cost me like £7 on ebay and it's a beasty fat high quality one.