Gnarly Tensioners

TheMunn

Evening all, i'm in a little bind and want some help :) I'll be getting myself another stock but sidehopping to the right and falling off lots means i'll be going through many many mech hangers, which I don't really want to do, so wondered what kind of tensioner has done you proud to prevent this ? Or has anyone used a normal mech or something with a hanger banger ?

Mucho thanks to anything that helps :)

The mech savers do a decent job, yes, however I'd recommend a tensioner that supports the hanger itself - something like the Gusset Bachelor is a handy piece of kit: http://tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=309

As you can see, it bolts over the hanger and the axle, meaning to break a hanger you've gotta break the tensioner too - something I've never heard of before!

Cheers

Adam

The mech savers do a decent job, yes, however I'd recommend a tensioner that supports the hanger itself - something like the Gusset Bachelor is a handy piece of kit: http://tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=309

As you can see, it bolts over the hanger and the axle, meaning to break a hanger you've gotta break the tensioner too - something I've never heard of before!

Cheers

Adam

Doesn't seem very thick though, looks like I might bend it, I ride alot but most of the time i'm found falling off so need something substantial. :ermm:

looks like a fresh tensioner, just less metal... and from my experiences isnt any good... a few of the fresh ones broke cause people land on them when sidehopping. thats why todge changed the design, i got a thicker fresh one and its mint taken a right beating and its still going strong.

unless your running a king get a normal mech, lock it out and run a hanger banger with it, you can mod them if your going to run a pro 2 and they work just aswell. my hanger banger took such a beating only took it off cause i went back to a king and you cant mod them to fit the funbolts.

Cheers

Adam

I had a rennen, which is very similar! It was very strong, but a couple of time I manged to snap my hanger (where the red line is) not sure how, but it happenend a couple of times.

[attachmentid=8401]

post-683-1164728995_thumb.jpg

looks like a fresh tensioner, just less metal... and from my experiences isnt any good... a few of the fresh ones broke cause people land on them when sidehopping. thats why todge changed the design, i got a thicker fresh one and its mint taken a right beating and its still going strong.

unless your running a king get a normal mech, lock it out and run a hanger banger with it, you can mod them if your going to run a pro 2 and they work just aswell. my hanger banger took such a beating only took it off cause i went back to a king and you cant mod them to fit the funbolts.

so can you use a gusset bachelor with a hanger banger with just a normal squer??? :huh:

woo very cool....i'm gonna have to try that...

i've got half a mech that i've cut alot to try and make less to bend...wedged a v-brake spring in the give it more kick...and put a rectangle of steel over the mech hanger (with holes in for bolts) to stop the hangar bending...

taken a reet beating...most people would agree if they've seen me sidehop >_<

anyone know what tisza does? he seems to twat his mech proper like sometimes!

adam