Which Dropout?

GTF

kings are more expencive, cool sound though, 72 ep, strong when upgraded to hd axle and fun bolts

pro2's have more solid engagements, 48 ep, loud, stronger a bargin at 130 quid, simple to use and service, hopes awesome customer service

You can't be seriously making that claim after all the ones that have broken in the (comparitively) short time they've been out relative to Kings.

Kings are easier to service imo, nothing flys out like a Hope's pawls and springs.

You can't be seriously making that claim after all the ones that have broken in the (comparitively) short time they've been out relative to Kings.

Kings are easier to service imo, nothing flys out like a Hope's pawls and springs.

come on, only like 3 have broken. and that was apparently a bad batch or sumat.

i could service a hope piece of piss, but a king would just confuse me

I would say MTB spacing, horizontal dropouts. So you can have whatever hub you want really, and no tensioner if you like. I'd certainly consider a DMR revolver hub + ENO freewheel if you're on a bit of a budget :)

King do BMX hubs. They are lighter than a standard Classic hub also ;)

The King BMX hubs are a bit more expensive than the standard ones though. If you had all the money in the world and weren't fussed about spending it, then you could go for that. But bear in mind if you come to change frames or sell the hub, it might be a pain in the arse.

dont you have to have a specific tool if a king axel snaps?

Yeah, it's called a couple of "allen keys". Never heard of them, they're probably really expensive or something :rolleyes:

come on, only like 3 have broken. and that was apparently a bad batch or sumat.

i could service a hope piece of piss, but a king would just confuse me

Wasn't that because it had a aluminum body on?

Pro2 are good my brother has one, and I do, but I haven't got myne built onto a rim yet.

Matt Rushton

and a pro2 is better than a king anyway,

Oh dear I'm leaving this thread before my head explodes...

If you want to save A LOT of money, go with Poopipe, BMX spacing and an ENO or similar.

EDIT:

Just read your post above, fair enough, go for MTB spacing and either a Hope or King.

Vertical or horizontal is down to you and wether you want a permanently fixed chainstay length, dependable tension but a mech hanger you can break or a variable chainstay length with tension which won't always be the same each time you adjust it but no hanger to mash.

Edited by Shaun H