24" Frames

ollie2000

whats the best geo for 24"

Entirely down to personal preference. But mostly fairly short and flickable is good. I think the 24UK is based around the Ashton ET (The original 24", no longer available). I think that's about 1025 wheelbase, 73º head angle, + 25mm BB, 385mm stays. If you're going the custom route (Leeson, Iolo, FreshProducts) then you can have whatever you like. I used to have a 1040 Leeson 24" and it rode quite like a Koxx Levelboss 1065. If you know what you're doing then you can design what you like, but relatively small changes can really make a big difference (I.e. f**k it up :P ).

I think Ashton mentioned something about bringing out a new 24", so you can add that to the list. It's not out yet though. And FreshProducts I thought did custom frames?

Well I like my ET. It's stupidly easy to bunny hop throw about. I guess some "proper" trials moves are harder to do, but not much harder. Just depends what you like, I think it's more fun than other bikes so it easily makes up for a few inches off my sidehop.

EDIT: Gear ratio is pretty similar to 26", so 22:18 or 20:16 is what a lot of people use.

EDIT: Gear ratio is pretty similar to 26", so 22:18 or 20:16 is what a lot of people use.

Meh, I personally run a 1.4 and an auxilary gear at 1.8 for those move where you want to go fast or want to ride a park. Because seriously, you aren't gonna lurch much more than 6' on a daily basis, you might as well get some extra power to get up stuff, just watch manifesto a couple of times and you should be ok for the recovery hops part. :ermm:

ok i want something thats easy to manual and spin but still be able to do modern trials moves and whats a good gear ratio

robins iolo that has a picture posted earlier in this topic, his bike manuals incredibly nicely and its a tad longer than most 24inches around so its also very nice on the rear wheel for trialsey stuff, apparently it spins a beauty.i think hes running 20t-18t but i'm not certain.

he chose all the geo for that frame so the best thing to do is talk to him id imagine.

good luck

liam

Thats just the geo on my Unique Bikes frame :D Its beeing made now. They are really nice (Y)

So add Unique Bikes to your list (Y)Unique Bikes

how much did it cost from there? how does your bike ride is it easy to manuel etc.

EDIT: just reliesed u aint got it yet

Edited by ollie2000

how much did it cost from there? how does your bike ride is it easy to manuel etc.

EDIT: just reliesed u aint got it yet

I believe that it will be easy to throw around and manuel with (Y) Price depends how you want the bike. Visit their homepage and send them a mail. They are really helpfull.

But I think I will go for a 1020 wheelbase instead.

have you got a link

EDIT: found it

You want a cool 24" wheel geometry

Here is mine:

Headangle: 71.5º

Wheelbase: 1065mm

BB Drop: +20mm

Chainstays: 365mm

Now that is good geometry for trials

This---> HA: 73º Wheelbase: 1020mm is BMX Cruiser geometry!!!

Hey, my Iolo is a 9" seat post height, for some reason it looks level in that, but there is a distinct angle between the top tube and seat stays. If you want it to look along the lines of the Leeson go for about a 10".

Personally I'm pretty sure that I got the geo about right on my frame, I wanted it for the same sort of stuff as you, spin/manual easily but still do pure trials OK. And it does. There hasn't been anything where I have felt its the bike holding me back yet that I've tried. And it spins weirdly nicely. When I first built it up it was way to easy to over rotate moves haha. I really need to work on manuals personally, but everyone else says its crazy nice to manual.

There's some better pictures of the frame in here

Sadly the that gorgeous paint job is soon to be dead, as I'm having the 4-bolt mounts changed to Vee mounts due to wanting a Vee but not wanting ugly adapters.. ahh the joys of steel. But I'm hoping to keep the front end the same colour and then spray the rear end Chequered Black and White. :D

Edit, I'll get some new better pics of it up tomoro hopefuly if the sun comes out.

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...