Iolo 24" Custom

RobinJI

Just got my Iolo frame this morning after 6 week weighting for it to be made. And Im extreamly impressed, Its even more gorgeous than I was expecting. Its rides gorgeously to put it simply, everyting just feels smooth and well, nice.

The main differences to a 'normal' 24" trials frame are the horizontal dropouts, Internal hose roughting, rear break on the underside of the stays and guard under the left chain stay.

IPB Image

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

Frame alone pics

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

really want to see some better pics (without the seat!) Looks pretty cool but the top tube is so steep. I can't get in touch with Iolo guy, my phone won't dial his number but why did yours take 6 weeks, does he do it part time or just a waiting list? How much was it if you don't mind me asking

By internal cable routing you mean hole's in the top tube? bit fiddly to get the hose to come out when setting up or has he addressed that?

nope, theres an 8mm tube inside the top tube ;) i saw this at iolos the other day and i must say i am seriously impressed with the quality much better than any of the other frames hes made (not that the others were bad quality) bike is looking ace maye, it does look allot better in real life than in those pics though lol

Yeah, the hose goes through an 8mm tube inside the top-tube. I'm really impressed with the quality of the frame, its amazing. Even better than I was expecting really.

The frame set me back £385 and I think the bike so far has only worked out as about £750 for the full build!

The frame rides insanely nicely, its really weird, there appears to be no downside to it, Its suprisingly really nice for pure trialsy stuff, yet spins, bunnyhops and manuals insanely.

Its made of T45 steel (same as curtis) The Geo on it is:

1050 wheelbase with those forks. (yeah, long for a 24" but it works well)

380 rear end (adjustable between 370 and 390)

25 BB rise

73 head angle

Oh and as I mentioned above theres a gindplate/guard under the left chainstay that goes right around the back of the BB and down the first few inch's of the right chainstay. Will get some pics of it properly when I can get the camera back of my mum.

The 6 week weight was because he was busy for 2 weeks then needed 4 weeks to build and paint the frame, not bad if you ask me, and well worth the weight.

I'll get some better pics tonight probable when I get home from college.

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

I'm going to reserve judgement on that until saturday when I've had a go. So you best be in Taunton bright and early meladdie!

But yes, the seat... am I really gonna have to be seen with you? :P

Rich

Not sure how earliy I can get a lift in really, shall try for about 9:30 at the latest though, Unless I can Blag my bike onto the 6:30 bus