Thinkbikes.com - Spode Hurts

spode@thinkbikes

Setting the scene a little bit. Warming up for a demo some months ago, so luckily nobody watching. I went face first in to the ground.

If you notice in the video, you can see my face actually skidding along the ground. And watch how close the bike comes to hitting me - thank God I roll over!

Luckily, Emma knew me well enough to keep filming instead of running over to see me. Dave unfortunately got in the way a little as he wasn't expecting to fall off during a routine trick :P

I bled a lot and had a mouth full of mud, but I was riding 20 minutes later. Most of the pain was actually whiplash to my neck! I took chunks out of my front teeth and cut my mouth open a bit. But the dentist fixed it all up for £42. They did an amazing job and you can't tell I did anything at all :)

It's 10MB and it's nothing special, but it is quite amusing and I thought the choice of song was apt if you listen to the lyrics.

http://www.thinkbikes.com/media/thinkbikeshurts.avi

And if you haven't seen the site before, feel free to check out some of the other videos, from the demo team and other riders (including an excellent video recently from Joe Maher).

Actually, the helmet DID save me.

You see. The helmet hit the ground, which forced my chin in the ground. And then my bottom teeth hit my top teeth, taking chunks out.

If I wasn't wearing the helment, my nose would be a mushy mess and the chances of me scraping my eyes on the mud are likely too (I did that as a child).

pure poetry in motion. i hope it hasnt damaged your good looks too much??? thats gotta hurt a fair amount mate!

hope your as pretty as before

craig

Actually, my new teeth look even better IMO. I do have a very slight scar on my chin though.

I did this several months ago by the way guys. Not looking for sympathy!! (but thanks all the same)