Hi Some Smallish Questions

m4ttyb0y

Hi, welcolm to the world of trials, Personanly i think 20" is easier to learn on because as they are smaller they are easier to monuevor during tricks & i find watching trials dvd's are very helpful as you can watch exacly how they do the trick and the option of slow mo is good. I recomend watching ryan leech Mastering the art of trials (Y)

Edited by powerz

The best way to learn is to hook up with your local group of riders and observe and learn , we're a very welcoming bunch . Vidoes can help to get an idea of the stances and body positioning needed for certain moves .

thnx for your help i dont know if there are any riders around my area that i have seen there is none :(

for your height get a 20". then try a 26" when you have progressed into trials. and then decide which you preferred then pick from there which way you want to go from there!

thnx 4 your help i shall try to find which is better

Personally, i think that 20" are easier to learn on, they're easy to move around on, and compared to my 26", alot lighter.

Most of my mates ride 20 but i ride 26 i have never owned a 20 i started on a 26, i go on my mates 20s all the time and i would not say they are easier really :) but i am 6ft 1 so i find a 26 just as easy have a go on a 20 and a 26 see what you fell more comfy on.

Also my pitbull is lighter than all my mates 20 even they say it.

do you know any one that has a trials bike, if you do ask them for ago.

good luck

dan

Yes its so you can have the free wheel at the front but be careful they eat your jeans ha ha.

thnx i thought they when i was watchin some vids on u tube lol

Most of my mates ride 20 but i ride 26 i have never owned a 20 i started on a 26, i go on my mates 20s all the time and i would not say they are easier really :) but i am 6ft 1 so i find a 26 just as easy have a go on a 20 and a 26 see what you fell more comfy on.

Also my pitbull is lighter than all my mates 20 even they say it.

do you know any one that has a trials bike, if you do ask them for ago.

good luck

dan

okey dokey theres just 2 people i know with trials bikes

thnx i shall do that lol B)

is there fixed rear wheels on most of the bikes people use ? :ermm::unsure:

This is certainly the case. I would not 'recommend' using a fixed wheel with a freewheel at the front. I have had to cut several freinds' jeans apart as a result of them getting trapped in my freewheel. :$

However, it is easy to overcome this problem by... tucking your trousers into socks ( it isn't that 'goony'). I would rather look slightly wierd than have to cut a good pair of jeans.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Edited by steve1rc

This is certainly the case. I would not 'recommend' using a fixed wheel with a freewheel at the front. I have had to cut several freinds' jeans apart as a result of them getting trapped in my freewheel. :$

However, it is easy to overcome this problem by... tucking your trousers into socks ( it isn't that 'goony'). I would rather look slightly wierd than have to cut a good pair of jeans.

Hope this helps,

Steve

it will do

I started trial's on a mod and love it.I think it suit's me very well.But however,I had a go on a freind's stock (nickyw) and seriously want a stock.But I would recommend having a mod to start on.Most people were I live ride mod and started out on mod's. (Y) Best thing to do though,Is go on a ride and ask for a go on various bike's and see which one suit's you best.

• 2 weeks later...

i find that 20 are easyer to learn on (specilly for your size) i go on my mates onza limey 26 it feels very long and realy hard for me to ride hope this helps

Hi

you proberbly find it hard on a 26 because you have rode 20 for a while so it will fell different, i ride 26 and a 20 feels strange and uncumfy. Defiantly get a 26 you will feel much more cumfy on it, also about learning i would recommend going on you tube and typing in ryan leech it will show all his clips of how to do tricks or go on my website www.freewebs.com/westsussextrials and go to the how to section it is a link to a how to website i forgotten the actual website so just go through it through mine it in trashzen or something similar.

Hope it helps

Dan

Edited by dan the trials man