19" Wheel On A T-vee

Captain Scarlet

Hey Guys,

I was thinking about getting a new rim for when I get my Onza T-vee (07).

I want a 19" so its nice and thick, but I got a few questions to ask.

1) Will a 19" rim fit an Onza T-vee

2) Will a need a new innertube

3) Will Magura's still work/be adjusted to fit the wheel

4) What size tyre will I need for it, and what do you reccomend I should get as an affordable one.

Thanks in advance.

-Tom

No mate, it will, sorry i forgot to mention i had the old t-bird (Y)It had a 20" with maggies set up fine, then i brought the 19 and the maggies were set up fine and working again. Sorry!

Mat ^_^

Sorry mate your wrong I went to my LBS a couple of months ago after asking the same question (should of used the search (N) ) And they said since the first ever T-bird the rims have been 19".

So anyway I would say just get maggies for your T-vee or save and get the T-bird and you'll be fine.

There is not much of a point getting a 19" IMO unless your rim cracks or etc.

Plus if your just starting out you wont need a new rim, and your probably worth getting a stem or handlebar setup instead.

Once again sorry! I just remembered that i got skanked and sold a t-bird that had bmx wheels on it! :lol:

So mine did have a 20" wheel on it maggies did work, then my 19" wheel was fitted with bigger tyre and that still worked with the brakes (Y)

But agreed that it's not really worth the effort! I think maggies are a good idea or yer, the t-bird (Y)

Sorry for the mix up guys!

Mat

T-Birds didn't start with 19" rims.

When I had my '02 T-Bird, it came with a 20" rear wheel.

I upgraded it to a 19" wheel, as the Magura mounts were in the position for a 19" rear wheel, and the V's that came on it were for it's 20" one.

As the T-Vee has V mounts on it, you might have difficulty setting up the brake for the 19" wheel.

I'm not saying it can't be done, as I've never tried it.

If people on here say they've done it, then go for it. (Y)

it does work

you may need to deepen your horizontal dropouts a tad though, so basically continue the slot for another cm, and thatll bring the wheel into a position to where the 19inch wheel will set up fine for the mounts :)

ive put a 19inch wheel in a t vee, and run the brake fine, its not difficult :)