Portable Headphones

Dai the Socket

I'm after some headphones for Christmas, to listen to my iPod and computer on. (Mainly iPod).

I want some big headphones, rather than in-ear ones, just because I like the look and have tried a few one and they're more comfortable, whilst giving much better sound quality.

I know the big brands in stuff like that are Sennheiser and Sony, but I was wondering if anyone had any personal experiences or worked in shops that sold this kind of thing?

I think the price range is £20 - 40 so I'm not after anything DJ standard but something with good value for money would rule :)

thanks,

Nick.

what do you want them for? i mean in terms of music you listen to etc,

im getting for crimbo the Bose in-ear headphones as im aftersome headphones that are small but hit ever note crystal clear and by the way i cant stand ditorted or fuzzy music so good quality headphones are called for,

i have sennheiser mx70's at the mo i no they are in ear headphones but my mate has some normal ones like your after and they are good seem to hit most notes etc

edit:

take a look at

http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/dynamic...te/display.html

and this page, they are the sennheiser ones which im a big fan of unless you go for bose

http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/dynamic...nes/browse.html

Edited by ian

Sennheiser make some very nice headphones, theres a fair few in your price range all of which I would recommend.

I opted for the Sennheiser noise cancelling canal phones, can't remember the model, costs about £45. Really really good, in a completely different league to my iPod headphones, made music sound so much better, hearing every click of the bass drum and every small emphasis on the vocals, and they cancel out all outside noise so perfect for travelling on bus or on bike.

Sennheiser make some very nice headphones, theres a fair few in your price range all of which I would recommend.

I opted for the Sennheiser noise cancelling canal phones, can't remember the model, costs about £45. Really really good, in a completely different league to my iPod headphones, made music sound so much better, hearing every click of the bass drum and every small emphasis on the vocals, and they cancel out all outside noise so perfect for travelling on bus or on bike.

Enough said , my sony mdr-v150's do for me and they were ultra cheap. Plus I find the Ipod's normally headphones lack in low end so get something that compliments the low end a little as well. With computers you can make the headphones sound good so it dont really matter.

akg k26p.. not very big, but they do cancel out quite a lot of background noise, and they fold up to a small size too. not as bassy as koss portapro for example, but the overall sound quality is better i reckon.

might not be what you're after, but hey. i like mine anyways, done me proud on buses, trains and aeroplanes, where you want to hear the music and not the people around you.

In my shop we stock Grado, Sennheiser and random ones...

the Grado SR60's are 90 quid so out of your budget, the ones I use on my iPod Mini are the PMX200 (Closed back neckband ones) and you can pick them up for about 40 quid - they are awesome headphones.

I can take it pretty much full volume and it doesn't distort.

Seriously, you won't regret it!