Xtr O7 Rearhub

mitleifcreisis

While we are talking about Shimano, how are the Saint hubs? Just as bad as any other Shimano?

I cant find the expleded view right now, but I do remember seing one showing that they used a proper serviceable freewheel system, rather than these stupid unit things. So the freewheel should be alot better. However, they are the only company ever retarded enough to work out a way of using loose ball bearing with a through axel, and just for that, they ruined the hub and shoud be shot. Just get a Hope or Sun Ringle.

I cant find the expleded view right now, but I do remember seing one showing that they used a proper serviceable freewheel system, rather than these stupid unit things. So the freewheel should be alot better. However, they are the only company ever retarded enough to work out a way of using loose ball bearing with a through axel, and just for that, they ruined the hub and shoud be shot. Just get a Hope or Sun Ringle.

Supposedly so they are fully serviceable, or so the madison rep says lol

fully serviceable? thats their euphemisim for ball and cone i guess :lol:

why dould anyway spend this kind of money on a ball and cone hub? apart from the people who want to match their components; namely the xc riders.

i would still stick with the pro 2 thought; even though mine skips :S

Which sun ringe is the best?

I used the Abbah SOS and it lasted 10 months compared to a BULB which only lasted me 6 months. I've got one if you want it - PM me if you're interested. Has been fully repaired by the Ringle importers and hasn't been used since as the BULB is back up and running.

Cheers,

Jamie

go to http://www.shimano-xtr.com/ and have a look for yourselves. It says that hub engagement has increased 125%. Now considering the the old XTR (and all other shimano hubs) had 16 engagement points means that the new 2007 XTR has 36 engagement point on par with standard freewheels. Whether or not the hub is up to trials standards is left to be seen.

go to http://www.shimano-xtr.com/ and have a look for yourselves. It says that hub engagement has increased 125%. Now considering the the old XTR (and all other shimano hubs) had 16 engagement points means that the new 2007 XTR has 36 engagement point on par with standard freewheels. Whether or not the hub is up to trials standards is left to be seen.

haha shitmano :P it wont be up to trials standards at all!! and there so dumb cant have 125% per CENT meaning out of a hundred, the bloody goones :shifty:

Erm.... dude, 125 out of 100 is easily possible, as in 125 100ths of something is itself, plus a quarter more, so 16 plus a quarter of itself (4) = 20, and as its 125 percent more, its that 20 added to the 16 = 36. There perfectly correct in that statement.

However there not correct in that its 'fully serviceable,' as the freewheel is not serviceable, its a one piece unit that you cannot clean out or replace parts of. Also when will they learn loose ball bearing don't outlast cartridge bearings anymore, and even if they did, its easy enough to replace a cartridge bearing, but pretty impossible to replace a bearing surface built into the hub shell.

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

Ball Bearing is a tru eproblem at shimano hubs if you ride trials.I had to change mine cus the hub body damaged.I bought anothjer shimano hub.No i'm not crazy.I have silent clutch, something very else then a pawl system.No sound and mine never skipped.Only you have to use a ring on it to be 100% safe.