Regarding Cls And Neil Tunnicliffe

Revell-Bikes

I ain't riding at all no more but here we go...

I use to ride comps... Tykes, YMSA, British..even the Worlds one year. I stopped going because there were too many people on the scene acting like complete twats making the meetings about as fun as playing with a dry fanny.

I always found street more interesting, the fact that a lot of people didn't agree with riding walls etc made it ever more fun to do so. After all, most of it is public space and I was making use of it.

Then there were people that were that interested they would stop at watch for a good length of time and ask you every question under the sun. I even got a few guys asking for my email address then email me sometime later asking how I was getting on with the riding. I never got this at comps because 99.9% that attend already know what the sports all about and not half as many people get exposed to trials when your in the woods appose to in a busy town or city.

I choose street because it was more interesting. Both street and natural are as hard or easy as each other, it's how far you want to take your riding.

So for me it was just about having fun, challenging myself on the street and getting the sport exposed to people, weather they wanted to see it or not.

Obviously it's what you enjoy riding the most and maybe the kinda person you are, i dunno but if you enjoy rocks, mud, grass and wiping your arse with a leaf then thats sound, if you enjoy rails, walls, Mc Donalds and the odd bit of totty knocking about then thats sound too.

Just make sure your having a scream.

Edited by Mr_scott

theres no point in this topic cause all natural boys who are wank at street n scared to do a 2 foot rail gap will say "neil wont be able to get through novice route the level at the wolrds oh my god it is mad!!!one"

As opposed to the cool street dudes who are scared to get there blingy king hubs dirty? :rolleyes::P

haha well said scott, i myself have a fobia of rails, i cant even look at one, honest. I dont mind doing an 8ft drop off a slimey angled rock though :rolleyes: .

Whenever I've ridden with Neil, anything that is under his "limits" he gets first time everytime including hooks and to be honest anything at a comp is going to be far off his limits in terms of size.

I'd be really surprised if even the best street rider could do any move bigger than i.e. Vincent, and this guy despite being probably the most powerful 26" comp rider still frequently looses to Kenny. Besides, I haven't seen many comp vids in which a rider would have problems with an obstacle being too big.

It's like comparing two different worlds, have a look at that warm-up video from Cologne where they jump up 9 pallets - hundreds of different techniques and probably the only one familiar to these amazing street riders is a sidehop. You can't win a comp with just knowing how to sidehop and hook.

Another thing - beating world records. I can bet my boots that Neil has gone near the 178cm mark and maybe beaten it, but to set an official record you have only 3 attempts. This doesn't therefore mean that whoever has established a record can't go bigger - it's just the biggest that person has gone having been given 3 attempts and being under great pressure and stress.

These things shouldn't be compared, a comp rider definitely wouldn't do the drop gaps guys like Damon do, nor would street riders master the techniques comp riders know.

Edited by Inur

theres no point in this topic cause all natural boys who are wank at street n scared to do a 2 foot rail gap will say "neil wont be able to get through novice route the level at the wolrds oh my god it is mad!!!one"

without wanting to start another argument, that is grouping people, i know so many people who ride street and natural to an awesome standard.

i love the atmosphere of a comp and also the vary challenges of it yet i also like to have a street session finding new ways to do lines and link them together.

who cares if craig or neil dont want to ride comps, even though this forum is full of arselickers.........