Squeeky Brakes

CrOcKeR

is there any way of getting squeeky breaks as i really want mine to but i dont no how to....

also i'm gussing u cant make disc squeek

also thinking of a new freewheel for my t-mag i've got about £40 to spend?

my freewheel like clicks as it goes round when i pedal? should i get a new one or how would i stop it

Check your pedals and cranks are tight.

OIf they are and it still does it, it's your freewheel.

Which means you have to tighten it.

[attachmentid=9081]

Get a small screw driver and put into the wholes next to the arrows on the picture and hit it with a hammer in the direction shown in the picture.

id do this beofre every ride.

Jobs a good 'un.

post-3221-1167327977_thumb.jpg

Edited by alext

how about the squeeky brakes?

you really dont want them, they are annoying as feck...

however, putting tar on you rim seems to annoy everybody well, but itll make your brakes horribly uncontrollable and shit in the wet

also grinds+decent hard pads seem to make a loud noise, as well as giving you better braking (which is what you should be spending more time in investigating)

oooo and another, wobbly pads, make them extra wobbly and they rattle and make a nasty squeal

i don't want to use tar (to much messing about)

i love the sound of them it add's to my enjoyment is that such a problem?

but really is there anyway?

forget the last comment then

but i dont run a grind (planning on but i need to spend money on my bike rather than an angle grinder)

what pads would u recomend when i eventually grind my rim?

Hi

I have Try-all fluro green 26" rims with no grind and zoo pads, they are deafening in a good way they are so loud neighbours come out of there houses to see what the commotion is :lol::D. The original plan was get the rims for christmas then get them ground after but i have taken them through some pretty wet conditions and they have not slipped at all (YET) they are great, so if you want a loud squeak go for a smooth rim and a pair of zoo pads. Always remember that it is more important that the brakes work then squeak so if they squeak it is just a bonus.

Hope it helps

Dan

Also i would like to add that i will proberbly not ride to much in wet conditions so i would recommend this more as a summer/dry set up (Y) .

i haven't got the money for new rims to be honest just spent £500 on my new bike

i want a set up good for dry but works well in wet as it is england so u can never be safe really can u...

plus i ride natural as well as street so the natural side never really is dry up north to be honest

so any other ideas i'll probley end up running a light-medium grind so any good ideas on pads?

Harsh Grind and Plazzy crm's......

Dan.....

i was using them on a dead grind with a bit of tar, i now run onza citrus pads (currently with no tar) and they are a shit shade better than crm's GET SOME!

Squeeky brakes arn't shit at all, if they make a squark/squeek/noise in general thats a plus/minus (depending on the rider) its what pads, how your brake is setup, and if you run a grind that will make a difference.

Edited by Barber

Check your pedals and cranks are tight.

OIf they are and it still does it, it's your freewheel.

Which means you have to tighten it.

[attachmentid=9081]

Get a small screw driver and put into the wholes next to the arrows on the picture and hit it with a hammer in the direction shown in the picture.

id do this beofre every ride.

Jobs a good 'un.

ye you can do that, but it comes loose again after about 4 hours riding,

id just get a new tensile or sumthing (Y)

shaun

what brake set up is good for dry but also reasnobal for wet?

and i no the freewheels nout flash but i'll have to live with it or buy a new 1 i know i'm looking into it now but parts need wearing in so i'll see how it goes after a bit ok....

so yeh brake set up for squeeky brakes

Harsh Grind and Plazzy crm's......

Dan.....

Zoo! Pads, oh so loud.

Its winter, it rains... Both of those type of pads are not good in wet weather.So steer clear of them.

Koxx browns, decent grind, decent booster, set up well = a f**king cracking brake!

These pads are damn good and when they are set up square, close and with a grind they're even better.

But if you want to treat yourself and have an outstanding brake with loaaads of noise and hold, i would advise you to invest in some FatMike 'phat pads' / Ali-C joypads. £9 and dammmmmmn good.

Max...

Edited by max-t