Sandpaper Or Tar

threeiscompany

when i used to ride back in the day i got told to either sandpaper my rims or put a bit of tar on the so you can brake better. does anybody do this?

or is there any other way of making braking better (i have vee's)

cheers

expensive pads?

sandpaper probably won't help

angle grinder?

I like tar because it means I don't need an angle grinder.

grinding is probably the best as it'll work in the wet - i just can't be bothered

hi,

i have used tar since i started riding but i now have a deep grind on both front and rear wheels and its amazing i am not running tar at all now but when my grind starts to were down i might have to use the slightest bit of tar as i did on my last grind. dont use sandpaper it is rubish, you might aswell just get the grinder out and put yourself a grind on your rims, its the best way.

when i used to ride back in the day i got told to either sandpaper my rims or put a bit of tar on the so you can brake better. does anybody do this?

or is there any other way of making braking better (i have vee's)

cheers

tar is good it works realy well but the only down fall is that it makes the worst screeching noise and does not work in rain or wet

if u try to use it in the rain it will just make ur bike really mucky and black stuff goes all over the rim

hope ive helped

chris :D:D

Everone that i've heard talking about grinding say that they use an angle grinder, but would i be able to grind both my rims on my mates bench grinder? :S

It has on it a normal grinding/cutting disc aswell as a wire disc. Would i just grind it with the grinding/cutting disc?

The only worry i have about using it, is how acurately i would be able to grind the rim and hold it to grind etc.

Edited by RazzyOnza

Everone that i've heard talking about grinding say that they use an angle grinder, but would i be able to grind both my rims on my mates bench grinder? :S

It has on it a normal grinding/cutting disc aswell as a wire disc. Would i just grind it with the grinding/cutting disc?

The only worry i have about using it, is how acurately i would be able to grind the rim and hold it to grind etc.

It would be abit awkward but still doable. Just keep an eye on what you are doing, take your time, be careful etc and it should work.

Disk brakes are simply the best. Just prone to bending etc easier than a hs33. I don't grind my rim don't use tar either although i've been tempted to grind it in the bad weather etc I run echo pink pads super in the dry on a smooth rim :)