Questions About The Pill ;-s

liam-pantera

There is a scary amount of bullshit in this thread. I really recommend talking to a doctor or at least reasearching it properly, not asking your average 14 year old trials rider.

It's 99.8% effective if taken correctly, it is the most effective form of contraception, even more than condoms when breakages etc come into effect. If it was 90%, then one every ten times you had sex it wouldn't work, which is stupid.

There's loads of different types of pills, and they all have different side effects, and your girlfriend might need to try a few before she finds the one that suits her best.

But seriously, find out from proper medical sites or go speak to a doctor, trials forum isn't the place to ask about something so serious.

errr, talk to your bird???? chances are, she'll know a lot about it from discussing it with her doctor before getting them...

There are several kinds of them with similar results but varying side effects. We decided against her having the pill due to family history with certain medical conditions etc with the side effects.

Go on google and talk with her. I have read countless pages on there from when i needed to learn about it.

I remember when my missus went on the pill, she went to the doctors and they did a few check ups and stuff, they also gave her a bag full of out of date condoms...yay. They also gave her a questionairre to fill in, which we never did....but nevermind.

Now its stopping someone elses baby...Hoorah for slags.

If i was a girl, i'd just stick with condoms. The pill just isn't natural, tricking your body to think your pregnant. That just dosn't seem right. :unsure:

I think there are a lot of people who would disagree with you, and you can see some of the opinions up there ^^^. I've never had period pains so I can't really comment, but it's not pretty. And with the pill these can disappear completely. There are side-effects, but everyone is different and there might be none. And you have to bear in mind that pregnancy is a pretty dangerous illness :P And as has been said, the pill is more effective than condoms.

For anyone that's really interested, you can look HERE (Wikipedia) which is about the pill that most people are on. Some people go on THIS TYPE, but only really if they've tried several different brands on the first one, or there's some medical reason. The second type isn't as effective, and it's more risky if you miss one.