Whats Best On Rear, Maggie Or Disc?

i quite liked my friend rear bb7, except its really quiet and you never quite know what its doing back there...but thats the only disc ive tried for trials for a decent amount of time

personally i would go for a decent v brake over all of them, simple, cheap and work awesomely, far better than maguras in my experience

It's personal preferance really but i prefer magura's mainly because there are sooo many brake pad options where as disc only seem to have a few differant compound pads.

but then my mate runs magura clara disc on the rear and thinks its awesome because when he does a comp where its seriously muddy it doesn't matter if the rim gets bogged in mud the brake still works.

Your choice (Y)

I whould have to say hs33 mine work's amazing in wet or dry and im a comp rider i can get it coverd in mud ect and it still works but with hs33 you have to set it up right for it to work well with good pads and a grind and mabie even a boster.

Im using coust pads in CNC'd backing on medum grind with no boster.

Mr monty.

I did use a maggie but have recently changed to a hope mono trials 07 rear disc as starting comps.

Both work well (including vees) no matter what anyone has to say about the other.

You ride what you decide to, not what everyone else is using. People only use maggies because there are no other better hydralic rim brakes on the market.

If a brake is set up well in the first place, it doesn't matter what it is.

If your just starting out, don't get a disc! you might go through a few rotors. Then again, you can still damage maggie hosing.

Vee's are a cheap way of starting out and any numskull can set up a vee in 2 mins (Ali you Vee loving homo, luv you!)

Just use something cause it works, not because it conforms to trials spec.

Rob

Depends on your frame.

If it's a specific disk frame use a disk.

But most frames use a generic disk fitting, meaning it's there just in case. Which can put more strain on your frame, and can make it easier to snap.

Also i've heard people say there's a bit too much modulation on a disk.

So i'd say a magura.