Freewheel?

CrOcKeR

To be honest it realy is not worth the hastle. if you miss bits out it could be very painfull. i have done it before when i rode mods, i had to recut the rachet, it did work but i do much bigger stuff now and i would not trust it. i would get a try-all freewheel. had one since x-mass and its mint. well worth the money.

try-all freewheel @ tartybikes.

Moza

Nope, try-all will be fine with a bash-plate (Y)

And they don't need tightening all the time either, my mate has ragged the hell out of his one since early December and he hasn't needed to once B)

Joel ;)

you should never need to tighten a freewheel, when its on your bike when you pedal it will tighten otherwise if you were to pedal it would just screw off

I have had a try all freewheel for 2 months now and its so good, i run it with a bashring and have no problem.

Also you wont have to tighten it as the lockring sits against the bashring, so no way at all it can come loose.

It is the best £50 ive ever spent.

Andy

I would go for the Tensile Freewheel,

Awesome freewheels

Good Engagement

Really loud

Strong

Caged Bearings +

Replaceble parts!

For £30 You cant go wrong :turned:

Cheers, Will

i would also go for this or maybe a monty free wheel there ace to very high enghagement. they best you can get especialy for the price. i no other riders that use both of these and they are beta than my profile. :P

chris

the monty, tensile and try all freewheels both have lockrings on the bashguard side so that they cannot loosen off. Any would be good from what ive heard

Sorry, but the tensile doesn't, I bought one from tarty and the lock-ring is on the bb shell side, I also bought some echo 6061 cranks at the same time, and it wouldn't fit with the bashring or the spacer in, I had to grind the lip off my crank arm which let the freewheel screw all the way on and tighten against the crank arm.

Other than that I can't fault the set-up, the freewheel has never loosened and it tightened against the crank really quick, so I was gapping bigger stuff in no-time.

I love the tensile, its really loud and strong, doesn't come loose and engages really often.but maybe the try-all is a better choice, as it has seals on it rather than open bearings.

If I were going to buy a new freewheel, I would buy the try-all, because it has seals and more engagment points.

Samuel.